Were you able to continue to work during your taper?

[Sa...]

If so how did you cope at work?

I work in an office 20hrs a week and it's driving me crazy.

I think that if I were to stay home tho it would be worst as I would just sleep.

It's hard since I started my taper, on the flip side it was hard when I went into tolerance wd.

Confussed don't know what to do.

Advise please.

Thanks

I have been trying Buspar to continue working.  I take it as needed.  I think it makes things tolerable.

Thanks Bob,

Buspar was one of the first meds I was perscribed even before the Xanax and Valium.

I was afraid to take it. Then Paxil next Lexapro I was afraid to take anything finally gave Lexapro a try bad outcome after 3 days of taking it I had saratoin overload which was treated with Xanax, and that's when benzo journey began that was 12 years ago..

Thanks for your reply. :smitten: :smitten:

Yes, I worked during my taper, but it was EXTREMELY difficult, and I'm fortunate that I had a lot of vacation/sick time built up, and that  my job allows some flexibility in scheduling.  I also have a high stress job that requires a lot of meetings, presentations, etc.  It was a nightmare for a while, but as I tapered to lower and lower doses, and started to get cog back, it got easier. 

Yes, I worked during my taper, but it was EXTREMELY difficult, and I'm fortunate that I had a lot of vacation/sick time built up, and that  my job allows some flexibility in scheduling.  I also have a high stress job that requires a lot of meetings, presentations, etc.  It was a nightmare for a while, but as I tapered to lower and lower doses, and started to get cog back, it got easier.

Congratulations on being Benzo free!!

Thanks for your reply, it gives me hope. I only work part time so I don't have sick time or vacation. I work for a great company that allows me to take 3 days off at any given time as long as I return with a drs note stating I'm able to return to work. I'm off on Fridays so that gives me a 3 day weekend.

I can't wait to be benzo free!

Thanks and again congratulations on being free from the Benzos.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I think it's important to stay active and have a purpose during a taper, if for no other reason that to take our minds off it.  But the job shouldn't entail a lot of stress.  For example a job in sales with sales quota's bearing down on you, or a job with tough deadlines, etc.  It might require a temporary change in the type of job you do, or maybe even a permanent change.  Who knows, maybe our jobs are part of the reason we took benzo's in the first place.

Yes. My day is fast paced and stressful. I am also a wife and mom. Fake it till you make it I guess :o  I just try to take it one day at a time, and cut slow enough so that I remain functional. It sucks to try to Appear strong and together when really I feel like a mess. My family gives me a reason to keep moving forward. They don’t really get get it, ( hell, who could unless they went through this craziness) but they try.

Thanks PhotoBug and MCC

My job is not really stressful it's actully very slow pace, however my co workers tend to be the problem.

In turn causes me anxeity.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

hi Sadoneme9

my first month and half i was offand  at home as i did know of tampering and did it wrong but once i wasable i did find going back to work helped me take my mind of of the WD i did find half way during the day i was mentaly exausted but pust pushed through. the nice thing about that was at night i slept well from being so tired LOL. i an fortunate  that i am a MD so i can take off if i need to i do feel for all of you that have to work through this WD and doing it while working.   

Thanks jang  :smitten:

It's crazy I work 5 hrs a day 4 days a week and can't even get through a week without missing at least 1 day!!

After the withdrawal hit from tapering too quick I took about a week off then went back to work, I’m a full time nanny and the family is pretty understanding and is aware of my situation. The little girl I take care of is calm for the most part so not too much stress goes on!