Cymbalta?

[tr...]

anybody ever taken this? I was taking Celexa but dr switched me to this, am a little nervous. after I heal from Benzos then I will taper off the ad's. Thanks

I've been taking it for years- I don't remember how many. 7? 8? I was prescribed it in combo with a heft dose of klonopin for the chronic pain and insomnia from firbomyalgia.  I did a fast taper off the k and am 4 1/2 months since my last dose.  I have no plans to go off the cymbalta at this point, unless my new doc insists, as he did with the K.  I don't know how it is affecting my horrendous withdrawal, but going off both might be disastrous.  I do get at least 3 hours of fractured sleep a night, and I'm really afraid I'd be back to none if I stopped the cymbalta.

I was on Cymbalta for about a year before tapering off benzos. It blunted all my emotions (which i guess helped with the negative ones). The only bad side effect I had was gaining 50 lbs. i had no trouble tapering it, I would make big 50% cuts and instead of feeling withdrawals, I would feel better the next day. I did get withdrawals for two weeks right after jumping from the lowest dose that comes in pill form, then was back to baseline. I had also used it previously years before.  I went on Prozac for a month while taking the last of the Cymbalta, then tapered the Prozac. That time I didn't feel anything while tapering or jumping.

But lots of other people have a hard time getting off it. It's really an individual reaction.

Ya I've been on it for 1.5 years right before this benzo hell started. I don't know if it impacted me. My feelings are that I wouldn't have survived without it. I take a low dose 30mg. When it started to kick in after a month or so I felt like a million bucks but of course that never lasts.