GABA/glutamate with benzodiazepines and Lamictal (relevant for benzo only too)

[Gi...]

Hi Gianna! and everybody...

I just signed up on this board.

I'll get my sig line together soon to let y'all know my med history, but in a nutshell I've been on various psych medications for 18 years starting with being prescribed Prozac and Xanax for PTSD.  I'm now tapering off Lamictal, Celexa, Neurontin, and Xanax.  (I was tapering off Ambien but I haven't taken any for three days now so I guess it's officially off the list--YES!!!)

Anyway, going to explore now.  I'm glad there's an area for polydrugged people.  There are a lot of us out there and hundreds more every day.

--Rhiannon

PS:  I have been finding quite a bit of stuff about glutamate and ligaments and tendons, and pain signals, which I think is all interesting.  The thing that really got me going on this was reading about all the people suffering from long-term protracted pain syndromes after benzo use.  And a few people have also told me about problems with weakness, muscle wasting, etc.  This is fascinating and I would love to hear from anyone with a story about this.

Would you like me to post links to those abstracts here as I find them?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I could not follow the website.....but I have taken both at the same time.  Right before I came off Special "K"  my neuro/physic doc put me on Lamictal 7-8 weeks before I went c/t.  The lamictal cause an IMMUNE REACTION according to several doctors.  It almost looked like Steven Johnson Syndrome for awhile.  I am still recovering.  I ended up stopping cold turkey from the step up on Lamictal as my face was burning and my skin was peeling.  CRAZY!!!  I had many other symptoms.......and am still recovering from the combo I guess and now klonopin w/d but at least that is behind me.  Sometime I question if I was having tolerance w/d from the K from taking it for 9 years and stopping the Cymbalta that I took for 3 years or if it was Lamictal driven?

I wish I could understand that website!  What did you feel when you first went on......I am so curious!  Please reply to this post.

Thanks, Melissa/MJ

melissa,

I don't understand your problem with th website...the link leads to an article?

I was on Lamictal for many years...I did not have the rash reaction you had...

coming off was hell though and the combination with benzos is dangerous which is why I posted it here...

I'm sorry you're having problems reading it...not sure how to help.