SPACING DOSES...Need help.

[Sh...]

Has anyone had any expierence with spacing doses? I’m down to 2.3 MG of Valium from 30MG and I’m kind of hitting a wall...I’m currently doing a daily liquid micro taper using vitamin D milk. I’m wondering if at this point there is any other possibly easier way to do this that would allow for less symptoms to completely get off. Right now I feel like I’m hitting a wall. Any other methods that people have used or even a better way for my method that I’m currently using would be greatly appreciated. I have a very busy life full time job and children and I need to be able to function. Any info would help!

Hi Shinexx,

I'm dry cutting with an emery board, and now down to <1.25mgs Valium.  Your method's more accurate so don't think I have much to offer you as an alternative, but do know what you mean about hitting a wall, and with kids and a job it would be very difficult.  Congratulations on getting to 2.3 from 30.  Epic. 

For me "hitting a wall" is to be still feeling symptomatic at the 1.25.  Am seriously considering dropping to 1mg as now seem to be walking in circles.  I'll give it until May 29 and see if I have improved. 

What do you mean by "hitting a wall?" 

Wishing you the best Shinexx. 

Dee x

By hitting a wall I basically mean my symptoms are lasting longer and longer and don’t seem to be letting up like they usually do. Usually I get symptomatic and somewhat stabilize but i seem to just be anxious as hell all the time now. I have heard of the emery board before but have no idea how to do it. The liquid titration is pretty accurate I think. I have been tapering for 18 months. How many MG were you on? How long have you been tapering. Sometimes I just think about jumping off but a part of me thinks it will mess me up bad. How are you feeling on 1.5?

Hi Shinexx :smitten:

2.3 MG of Valium from 30MG and I’m kind of hitting a wall...I’m currently doing a daily liquid micro taper using vitamin D milk.

I'm just wondering if this "hit the wall" feeling came from a fast taper. Could you please share more details about the way you have been reducing? Liquid taper from the very start? Daily basis taper? Fixed quantity or Fixed percent reduction? Quantity? How long did it take to go down from from 30 mg to 2.3 mg?

Hi Jim,

I have been on 1.5 milligrams of klonopin for approx 4 years. I cross tapered to 30 mg of Valium using the Ashton Manuel. Stabilized on 30 mg Valium then I began to reduce. From 30 to 20 I reduced 2 Mg every 2 weeks sometimes 3. Then from 20 to 10 I reduced 1 mg aprox every 2 to 3 weeks. I held at 11 mg for 2 months. The from 10g on I have done a liquid titration using full fat milk. It took me 18 months to get from 30 to 2.3. From 4 to 3 took me 60 days.  From 3 to 2 it will take me 80 days.  Looking at 100 to 150 days for each of the remaining milligrams left. I just seem to be symptomatic right now for whatever reason. Any suggestions?

Hi Shinexx,

For what I can see yours is a nice slow taper where the reduction is re-adapted along with the reduced daily dose. I must say I'm perplexed on what could be the reason for this wall at 2.3 mg. Is it the first time you feel these symptoms when you first started to taper from 30 mg Valium?

:hug:

Jim

I have felt withdrawal along the way but it’s just more intense at these lower milagrans. I am going to hold for a little bit. I’m wondering if the cumulative cuts from the Valium are somewhat catching up with me because of such a long half life. Does the titration seem slow enough to you for these last few milagrams?

Does the titration seem slow enough to you for these last few milagrams?

While I recalculated your taper figures the last few months:

U5qmeAh.png

something caught my attention. I think perhaps I know the cause. You were cutting and holding! And while the cut you made is quite reasonable if done on a daily basis (less than 6%/14 days) it becomes HUGE if seen as a jump from one day to another. From 3 to 2 mg the resulting percent was actually 33.3%.

The same reduction could be achieved with less symptoms if instead of cutting a huge amount and hold for a long time like you did, you do a micro taper with tiny reduction done on a daily basis. Have a look here and go to Liquid Taper Help. If questions please let me know.

I am doing the daily liquid micro taper, I have been since 10 MG. I use full fat vitamin D milk. I am using 40ML of milk for the 3 to 2 cut and It will take me 80 to 100 days to take away the milligram by cutting everyday.

Hi Shinexx  :smitten:

The daily micro taper is a good news!

For my information:

1. What is the tablet's size and how many tablets did you dissolve in 40 ml of milk?

2. How many ml are you drawing up per dose?

So I take 2MG dry. Then I take 1 MG Valium and drop that in the milk and dissolve. I put 40 ML of milk in shake well then I pull out .5ML a day. So a half of a ML. So 40 ML would take me 80 days to take away.

Yours is a definitely nice slow taper I must say. This makes me scratch my head as I found no reasons that can convincingly explain why this wall. I stop therefore to bother you.

Should you discover why, would you mind to share it with me? Thanks.