Clonazepam .625 mg Liquid Taper Plan Help

[Jo...]

Can Builder, Bella, or Jim Hawk help me create a liquid taper plan for .625 mg Clonazepam? I’m not sure what amount of tablet to put in the liquid and which to take as a full .5 mg tablet? Should I dissolve a .5 mg tablet and 1/4 of a .5 mg tablet like I’ve been taking in 1 ml vodka then dilute with how much water and how much to take out each time and drink?

I already have several withdrawl symptoms. I’ve been off and on benzos too much and wanted to get stable on the least mg possible then taper off but I am suffering and will suffer during my taper and long after I’m off. My doctors all want me to increase to 1 mg, even 1.5 mg or 2 mg. I don’t want to prolong the effects of this drug. I took .5 mg for 4 years then CT and reinstated after 4 months to .5 mg but was in withdrawl the whole time and started to liquid taper after 6 months on and took 8 months to taper so I probably tapered too fast and continued to have problems. Then I reinstated a year later for  6 days then off for 10 days then had an endoscopy and CT scans and reinstated for 6 days for bad heart racing and burning skin but that continued for months. Then I reinstated 10 months later for 6 days then stopped. Took one Xanax 4 months later then after a week stayed on it for 10 days then got off. Then 3 months later went back on .75 mg Clonazepam for a week, stopped reinstated and tried to reduce now on .625 mg. I’m messed up and am ready to give up.

Thank you for your help!

Jo

5mg of K + 10ml vodka + 40ml water.  At your current dose/rate, that will be 8-10 days supply.

You don't "take out" anything.  You make a daily dose schedule, and drink the amount of that day's dose.

If you wanted to cut .005mg per day, it would look like this:

.625mg    6.25ml

.620mg    6.20ml

.615mg    6.15ml

.610mg    6.10ml

etc...

hi Jo!

I'm currently at .625 as well (my last cut and hold now day 6). I'm planning on switching to liquid daily microtaper next taper but keeping .5 of it tablets and only tapering the rest as liquid. Wishing you the best. Sounds like you've had a really hard time. I only started psychiatric drugs in January and certainly wish I'd never touched the Klonopin.

hi Jo!

I'm currently at .625 as well (my last cut and hold now day 6). I'm planning on switching to liquid daily microtaper next taper but keeping .5 of it tablets and only tapering the rest as liquid. Wishing you the best. Sounds like you've had a really hard time. I only started psychiatric drugs in January and certainly wish I'd never touched the Klonopin.

How are you tapering the rest as liquid? And then are you going to switch to the liquid taper when you get to .5 mg? How long is it going to take you to taper off?

5mg of K + 10ml vodka + 40ml water.  At your current dose/rate, that will be 8-10 days supply.

You don't "take out" anything.  You make a daily dose schedule, and drink the amount of that day's dose.

.625mg    6.25ml

.620mg    6.20ml

.615mg    6.15ml

.610mg    6.10ml

etc...

What rate of cut is that Builder?

How long would it take me to get off following this rate?

Do I crush the tablets first like with a mortar and pestle then add the vodka and let it dissolve for a while then add the water?

Thank you so much for your help!

.625mg    6.25ml

.620mg    6.20ml

.615mg    6.15ml

.610mg    6.10ml

etc...

Do I crush the tablets first like with a mortar and pestle then add the vodka and let it dissolve for a while then add the water?

1)  That's a little over 10% per 2 weeks.  And that's just an example.  You can choose any cut rate you think will work.

2)  As long as your taper is tolerable, who cares how long it takes?  ::)  (The actual answer is about 18-20 weeks at that rate)

3)  Most tablets will readily dissolve with no crushing.  A few mfgrs use a coating and breakdown slower.  If your tablets don't readily breakdown, then you can crush them.  You really wouldn't need a mortar & pestle; the back of a spoon an any hard surface will work.

http://bzo.spes-lavaux.ch/titration/titrationForm.php

I'll start out with .5 as tablet and the .125 remaining from the .625 as liquid and slowly drop the

liquid down until I'm at .5 then will use .375 tablet and .125 remaining as liquid once again titrate the liquid and keeping the tablet constant....

Ok so how do you prepare your .125 mg liquid? Are you just dissolving 1/4 of a .5 mg tablet in vodka and adding water or making a bigger batch? How much are you taking in ml of the liquid each day?

.625mg    6.25ml

.620mg    6.20ml

.615mg    6.15ml

.610mg    6.10ml

etc...

1)  That's a little over 10% per 2 weeks.  And that's just an example.  You can choose any cut rate you think will work.

2)  As long as your taper is tolerable, who cares how long it takes?  ::)  (The actual answer is about 18-20 weeks at that rate)

3)  Most tablets will readily dissolve with no crushing.  A few mfgrs use a coating and breakdown slower.  If your tablets don't readily breakdown, then you can crush them.  You really wouldn't need a mortar & pestle; the back of a spoon an any hard surface will work.

I’m not sure if I can tolerate this medication anymore. It keeps getting worse the longer I’m on it. I had to have x rays after a car accident for a head injury and I was not on a consistent dose of klonopin and now I have burning mouth and skin. My scalp burns and I’ve got constant goosebumps and my sensory receptors are all messed up and I’ve got constant pressure and squeezing in my head. I’ve been on it for two months but this is the fourth time I’ve been on klonopin. I’m ready to give up. I’m suffering too much. All my doctors want me to increase my dose to 1-2 mg a day. They said it will help me get stable. Only death will do that.

I haven't started yet.... I plan on dissolving a whole 0.5 mg tablet in 1ml(or 2 if needed) vodka, and then adding distilled water to 50 ml. Take out what I need. Make new batch every 4-7 days.