Emotiond

[07...]

So my latest thing is crying. I cant remember the last time I cried, now I cry daily over and over and over........

:)

Crying is the body's response to fear, stress and sorrow, which most of us do feel in withdrawal. Let the tears fall, but when they stop, try to focus your mind on positive stuff., Every time you start feeling ugly, sad thoughts coming on - hopeless, helpless thoughts - force yourself to say kinder, gentler things to yourself. I have always said we have to "fake it til we make it" and I still believe this truly helps. Getting off benzos IS hell. There is nothing like it out there, and no one can ever change my mind about that.

Tears are normal, and because we have been through such hell, just let them flow. But then, turn them off and think another way. Being here on BB helped me immensely - I focussed my energy on trying to help others instead of focussing on ME )God knows, I felt awful!) By trying to help someone else, it helped me feel better about myself.

Take good care of yourself, be gentle with your body and mind and dont give in to taking more benzos.

Annie