Clueless Pdoc

[07...]

So I saw my phsyciatrist this morning to get meds adjusted because I am suffering and cant cope very well. I first explained that I believe my main problem was benzo withdrawl that is causing high anxiety and depression. I told him I would like to be treated. The first thing he said was that he was going to prescribe clonazepam .5 twice daily. My family was there and told me I need to listen to him. I refused. I'm starting to realize there is no help for this condition. Frustrated.

You're done with the Xanax, as your signature says? Do NOT switch to Klonopin. That is a crap drug. It sounds like you're in acute withdrawal, and it may last awhile. Try to stay the course, or read other posts on here for how to cope. Some people do take drugs. Maybe buspar? I don't know. Just don't take K. Maybe Valium to switch over to, starting at a low dose. You're smart. Your family is clueless. It's understandable, though. They want to see you do better, and maybe they still trust doctors and believe in benzos.

I'm am benzo free 23 days, what an absolute living hell this is. I have suffered in my life but this is 100x as bad as anything. I won't take a benzo ever again.

I have come to believe that it's very wise to reinstate a Benzo and do a slow taper when you are still early off as you are.  I would think going back to Xanax (if you handled it okay) with a crossover to Valium much later in the taper process.  It seems that maybe Klonopin is not the way to go as it causes insane muscle and nerve issues, at least it seems like it does that more than the other Benzo's but I have no firm evidence to show.  I'm afraid that is the only help for a cold turkey benzo withdrawal.  Brutal.