Clonazepam .625 ... a few questions

[no...]

hey all,

I've been doing cut and hold the last two months with every other drop utilizing a .185mg compounded capsule (using Teva same as my tablets) with my tablets to drop .125 every 4 weeks. The capsule drops seem to cause a lot more headaches and stomachaches than just the tablets... they are the 0.065 vs 0.06 drops but I wouldn't think that would make a huge difference? Functional but seriously considering switching to DLMT to hopefully cut down on withdrawal symptoms. Would DLMT help with the increased anxiety that I get days 5-6 (sometimes 4-7) post drop? My compounding pharmacy didn't recommend creating liquid (my husband talked to them about that but didn't ask why... I could ask) so I guess I'd make my own dissolving with vodka then adding water. If so, it doesn't need to be refrigerated, correct?

I currently take the largest part - failed to help for insomnia and once I started tapering realized I could fall asleep again by myself... don't want to take earlier and have my brain think I need it to fall asleep - in the middle of the night... I naturally wake for bathroom but have a backup alarm set... this does mean that there is a range of almost 2 hours during which I could be dosing (2am +/- an hour). I take .125 at 2 in the afternoon - historical from when it used to help anxiety in morning but moved to be about 12 hours opposite nighttime dose.

I could measure out what I need before bed into more water to take with my tablet piece(s) in the middle of the night, right? I usually fall back asleep within 7 minutes of getting up and that includes dosing/bathroom (according to fitbit).

I know where the liquid taper plan page is and was thinking of lowering taper to 7% every two weeks.

1)  Doing a liquid-based taper allows you to make smaller reductions, with greater precision and uniformity.  Smaller reductions makes a more gradual taper (more tolerable) possible.

2) No, a benzo/vodka/water solution does NOT need to be refrigerated.  Actually, lower temps will reduce solubility.

Thanks, builder. I think I'm ready to switch after I finish my .625 drop... which I'm holding for an extra week or two due to 3 month hormone break... last break (first time since on benzo) I didn't stop bleeding and had to take a week of double birth control pills... that was during the .875 hold time. Will stop hormones at the two week taper mark so that should be ok... I'm usually feeling 'ready' to drop at 2 weeks.

No issue measuring out my liquid does before bed into more water so I don't have to do that in the middle of the night I assume... as it's already just sitting there.

How long does the vodka/water liquid last?

Is it recommended that one don't taper at first but just switch part over to liquid (will keep tablets for rest) to see if large effect? if so how long... regular two week hold? or long enough that one would normally have noticed increased anxiety?

All of the ingredients are non-perishable and very stable.  The benzo will not spoil or degrade, the alcohol is non-perishable, and obviously water really has an almost infinite "shelf-live"  However, since your kitchen and containers are not "lab-sanitary" some bacterial contamination is possible.  My recommendation is make 10-14 day batches.  Keep every thing as clean as reasonably possible and it is unlikely you will ever have any problems.

I learned about DLMT on the old BDR board, where everyone was doing some form of liquid titration.  No one ever reported any problem switching to or using liquid.  But here on BB, it seems to be a major concern.

There is absolutely no medical or pharmacological reason that it should make any difference.  1)  You're using the exact same med from the same source, and 2)  when you take a tablet, it becomes liquid in a matter of seconds any way.

But, for an abundance of caution (and to lower your anxiety), there is no harm in trying a "trial run" with no reduction.

• Popular Now

• [Lo...]