Does everyone always recover from a cold turkey, no matter how kindled

[li...]

or sensitized, or messed up ?

Because I just got the feeling that no matter what I'll do, it will basically end with a cold turkey.

A page : http://w-bad.org/coldturkey/

The idea is that you're basically fine, and taper to avoid things getting out of hand.

What docs did to me, and what I let them do ... I only fully realized the idiocy during that semi-legal procedure I started against my GP, when I received a missing part of the medical records.  I'm in The Netherlands, basically patients exist for the benefit of the doctors, and doctors are above the law. In my case, it's not 'just the benzo'. If clonazepam is the drug that keeps you going ... not in a good way. Yesterday when I was doing badly, the evening dose felt like a stimulant.

I was never good with pills.

Hi,

I don't understand your situation. Are you planning to go Cold Turkey, or have you done it already?

As for your question, yes, people recover from a Cold Turkey, even if they kindled. However, cold turkey can be a very nasty and painful experience. But they recover too.

I have almost recovered from a cold turkey from Clonazepam for a second time. However, I was short-term user, and that explains why my recovering time has been so short in comparison with others (though it looks like an eternity for me).

I've never done a CT, and in truth is seems like a gruesome idea.

I'm not so sure I'd recover. And I've been on the poison for many, many years.

I take it the only way I could do a CT is by disposing of the clonazepam, because the suffering would be so great I'd want to take it !

It doesn't matter if you have been several years on the drug. There are people who have been on benzos for 20 years and more, and have healed completely. There is no reason, absolutely no reason, to think you will be different. You will certainly heal. We all do, although in different ways.

I think you shouldn't have switched to lorazepam. You should have kept Clonazepam and then taper it. That made things worse, probably.

But now, you can do a low taper of clonazepam. Slowly. Or follow the Ashton manual, and switch slowly to valium and then taper valium slowly:

https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm

Once you're benzo free, you need to learn to live with the symptoms and wait. You will progressively heal. 

I'd avoid going CT, if at all possible. I lasted 35 days and it was hell on earth. If you are already feeling paradoxical reactions from your dose, then you should consider tapering in some way.

I took benzos every night (for insomnia) - for 30 years. And due to some weird circumstances, I was forced to go cold turkey. That wasnt "right", but I know now it was the ONLY way I could go to recover at all. Benzos had messed me up so bad, I could no longer think straight or function well. Going cold turkey - in certain ways, was the BEST thing that ever happened to me. (Some people just do need a kick in the butt to get on with life!)

Now, I would never tell anyone here that going CT is the best thing for them to do. CT can be hazardous, can even kill you, if you have grand mal seizures and no one to stay with you. Ideally, a slow taper is best. But some people just have no choice BUT to go CT.

Okay. I stopped taking all benzos and antidepressants in July 2012. I went through a withdrawal from HELL, and it lasted a LONG time. But here I am, in 2018, considering myself almost fully healed. I have few symptoms now except stuff related to my being 68 years old! LOL!

Benzo WD can be a terrible thing for many of us. Some folks luck out and WD only lasts a month or two or three. We CT people dont fare as well, but you know what? In the long run, it doesnt matter because IN TIME, WE ALL HEAL. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU WILL HEAL IF YOU GIVE IT  TIME AND CARE.

Much love to you all,

Annie