Has an anti depressant/SSRI helped you?

[cl...]

A few days ago it was like out of nowhere my mood has improved immensely after being on celexa for over two months. I’m still anxious and sad at times and I know I’ll have my bad days still but since I began my taper I was extremely depressed having dark thoughts that have never crossed my mind before. My hope is crawling back and with therapy I think I can successfully heal and become even more of myself than I ever was.

It helped me but from my experience, people often get flooded with serotonin and feel great for a while but the brain becomes accustomed to it and you'll have to keep increasing the dose the keep that feeling going. Like benzos, you can dig yourself into a big black hole with it so please be careful. That being said, it's amazing that you feel better.  :thumbsup:

I know a lot of people have problems with them and with withdrawal.

I have been lucky in that respect and have taken 2diffetent SSRIs in the past for a couple of years each time and found them helpful and not had problems withdrawaling.

I have recently started taking a low dose of Nortriptyline because zzz I was utterly suicidal and the neurologist said I need to get my seratonin up but that I should have either a tricyclics or an SNRI not SSRI.

I am still very down but I am no longer planning my funeral.

I started Lexapro 2 months ago and feel much better. I am not obsessing about all this, am tapering, am working, and am just more present. It's a low dose, and I hope to go off once taper is over, but I do not regret it and I was loathe to take another drug. My sleep is much better too. I think I should have been on an AD long ago, rather than a benzo. I am not recommending, just stating my experience so far.