Gastrointestinal Problems ...

[No...]

One symptom that's been a constant is this for the past 18 months. Today was a bad day, left me feeling washed out after several visits to the loo. That's all I'll say. I really hope this improves along with the dizziness, constant tinnitus, feeling jumpy, anxious and seeing things out of the corner of my eye (people that aren't there). Sorry, having a bad day :(

You're cool NoMorePills I feel same.  :(

The GI stuff seems to fluctuate and just when I think it's gone or going, it comes back, not as bad as originally, but a constant reminder.  Disappointing. 

Jumpy, anxious and seeing things peripherally.  Thought I saw a spider or something when making tea this morning.  Don't know whether this is caused by anxiety or something to do with CNS, hallucinatory stuff.  Wish I'd see a beautiful butterfly or something, but that would probably creep me out too. 

I'm laying my money on it (seeing things) being anxiety, but really dont know.  This has improved too, which tells me I'm healing.  As for the tinnitus, that's a different story all together and don't know that it will ever go away.  There is still hope, as have read that is has for others. 

Got a new one too.  Numb scalp syndrome.  Holy moly!  What's new in the zoo!  :D

:smitten:

Dee

I had bad GI problems when I was tapering (and post-taper). I did two things: first, I got on a probiotic (I use Pearls--they are a little expensive, but they seem to work well for me).  I also started making a tea with the following spices:

Cinnamon: This is supposed to regulate blood sugar and calm GI

Ginger: Calm GI

Turmeric: Calm GI because it's an anti-inflammatory

Black Pepper: Increases bioavailability of turmeric

I drank it every morning, and it seemed to help a lot. 

I half retract my earlier post saying GI was improving.  Had a terrible day today, and thanks for the recipes.  I do believe it will resolve, I'm a true believer, or maybe just naive. 

Dee

Happens to me as well. Bathroom visits 4 to 5 times a day. Doc says it's IBS. I beg to differ.

It did not get bad until I started mt taper. It starts about 2 days after a cut, then kinda eases off abit about 7 days after.

I'm sorry we have to endure this as it is no fun.

Hang in there we gonna make it  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Immodium (Generic: Loperamide) has been a godsend for me. I don't think I would have made it this far in the tapering process without it. It eliminates my GI issues which are usually abdominal cramps with diarrhea. As one poster mentioned above, I also have suffered from too many bathroom visits for bowel movements. Immodium has slowed things down a bit to where I am having more regular bowel movements on a more regular basis.

Immodium has helped me to be brave when eating foods by not having to worry about diarrhea.  However, I don't use it on a regular basis and certainly only recommend it when necessary but, I admit to doing pre-emptive strikes by using a low dose of it before going out on certain occasions.

Immodium also had reduced flatulence, working better than Gas-X. It seems my colon has gone completely spastic during the tapering process (especially early on) causing me to have excess flatulence and Immodium did a great job reducing my flatulence. Although, like I said above, I do not use it daily on a long term basis, but there were certainly days where I've used max dose of it for 3 or 4 days consecutive. My memory isn't what it used to be. I think only 3 days consecutively but, it may have been 4.

I also noticed that before my taper, Immodium/Loperamide had the tendency to back me up for many days, even up to a week. Now, while tapering, I might not have a bowel movement for usually about 2 days, if I take the max dose. But usually my bowels return to normal in a day.

I highly recommend that Immodium/Loperamide be in every benzo buddies toolkit. I even travel with it, taking with me a max dose in a tiny pill pouch. I can't recommend it enough and think many people will benefit from it if they are suffering diarrhea or an abnormally large number of bowel movements per day. It might even help with abdominal cramping as it has in my case, although my cramping always accompanied by diarrhea. I hope you find help in this medication as it has helped me. Stay strong, and much peace and love to you.

I'm having tummy issues today too. They are side stitches and gas. This comes and goes for me. Chalking it up to benzo belly. Hope you feel better soon. These GI problems are very common in withdrawal. I wouldn't worry.