Possible reinstatement

[07...]

So I am just over 3 weeks from what I consider a rapid 6 week taper off of 4.5mg xanax daily. I am considering requesting reinstatement of valium and trying to taper from that to see if I feel better. I continue to suffer daily and I am losing a lot of things I worked hard for not to mention the toll this is taking on my family. Cant take it.

07459...I am no expert and you are probably going to get various opinions but, I was at your same place, 3 weeks off CT and I took the advice not to reinstate as I was off more than 2 weeks. The consensus was just push through, it will get better. Having no idea what I was about to encounter I followed that advice.  I regret that decision. Had I the option of a do over, I would reinstate and do a very long long taper. At least you are functional even if experiencing some tolerance withdrawals. I know that tolerance withdrawals feel bad but trust me, it’s nothing like acute and when that goes on and on you will be crying for mercy.

I was in tolerance withdrawals last year at this time and yes I didn’t feel great but I didn’t have tinnitus, I could sleep and I could still function and enjoy life. I am 6 months out CT and my life is from the bed to the bathroom to the couch. No sleep still. Raging tinnitus. Now, this may get better any day for me but, I’m not counting it. And, there is always the chance I would have had this same experience if I had tapered. But, I know now that tapering is always less destructive on your brain, sleep center and vestibular system. No one mentioned that to me when I asked. And no one suggested it could get worse the farther out I got.

I may get slammed for my opinions and they are just opinions based on my experience so far. Everyone is different and will therefore have a different opinion.

Research, do your research and make an informed choice. Best of luck to you.

I know where you're at.  I had to reinstate twice after failed attempts.  I gave it everything I had, once not sleeping for a week...168 uninterrupted hours in a living nightmare.  I only reinstated when I felt mylong term sanity was in jeopardy.

It's terrible how these things destroy so many lives and relationships, and there's no easy way out.  If you reinstate, you've got the same challenge ahead of you in the future.  For me, it prolonged my pain for over a year.  Tolerance WD can be almost as bad as acute, and while a slow taper is much safer, there's no way to make it comfortable without cheating (updosing, alcohol, etc...things that hurt you long term). 

These chemicals are evil, and if you can manage, id say stay the course, but if you can't afford to be borderline useless for a few months (e.g. you feel like you'd lose your family or job), you can reinstate and slow taper.  It'll more than likely take you longer to get back to 100%, but you can get back to 50 rapidly.  It's making a deal with the devil.  Only you know if it's worth it.  I'm sorry theres no good options here...just the better shitty option for your situation.