Dry cutting experience

[ca...]

Hi all

For those that have successfully dry cut V, can you share the do's and don't that you have learned.

I'm at 2mg and thinking about giving the dry cut taper a try. I know you take a file and then weigh.

I'm aware the 2mg pills don't weigh the same.

Is it best to crush say 5 pills and then weigh your dose or just try to cut off the pill every time?

I already have the Gemini scale and weighed several pills and boy is it sensitive.

I'm just trying to prepare myself if making my own liquid doesn't work.

I'm so ready to start tapering and get off this poison.

Any help in your dry cutting experience is truly appreciated.

Thanks

Is it best to crush say 5 pills and then weigh your dose or just try to cut off the pill every time?

Thanks

Definitely the best procedure.

I dry cut but mine comes as a powder in a capsule already (librium). So I pour it out into empty gelatin capsules to weigh my dose for each day. I don't measure how much each capsule starts at....I just know how much I want in my measured capsule, so the weight variation in the original pills doesn't matter....I get an accurate amount in my capsules that I make.

I make about a week's worth at a time just cuz I get tired after that many. I store them in a wkly pill case and write the dose on each day on a piece of scotch tape.

I have a scale that measures to 0.0001g so it's good for my very slow DMT.

Hi libr  :smitten:

I just know how much I want in my measured capsule

Fabulous! It is the way to go.

I make about a week's worth at a time just cuz I get tired after that many. I store them in a wkly pill case and write the dose on each day on a piece of scotch tape.

A really smart way to taper. Hat off! :clap:

I have a scale that measures to 0.0001g so it's good for my very slow DMT.

The gram scale we usually read in the forum is .001 g resolution (can't weigh lower than 1 mg) that is 10 times less accurate. Could you please share the information on this gram scale and where for buddies to buy? Thanks.

I would also love more info on that scale. I use the gemini that measure to .001 and I am now at the point can feel every drop in weight even at that low level. I would prefer to not have to liquid titrate so a more accurate scale would be in my best interest if affordable (I realize many have great success with liquid titration; I had a horrible experience with liquid compounded klonopin so I am a little uncomfortable going in that direction again, even if I am making the liquid).

several of us have a lab precision scale that measures accurately to 0.0001g

It does not fluctuate - it is very accurate.

But it's also expensive... it is covered on all sides , with a glass door you open to put stuff in or out.

Mine is a Sartorius and I got it directly from their website - my husband talked to a guy there to order the right one.

Hope76 has a different brand that is a little cheaper - you could ask her.

I go down by 0.0004g on my scale per day so I need this kind of precision!  I never tried liquid b/c the scale method just meant less changes and my body doesn't like changes in this process.

I dose once per day at 9pm, so it takes me a little less than an hour to make a week's worth.  I put on some calming music. Sometimes, my daughter sits by me to keep me company and make sure I'm not messing up my numbers. My husband makes my spreadsheets. This method does require kinda steady hands.

I pour directly from my Librium capsule into the gelatin capsule and use a little tiny scoop spatula I go on Amazon to fine tune the amount of powder.

But it's also expensive... it is covered on all sides , with a glass door you open to put stuff in or out.

Mine is a Sartorius and I got it directly from their website - my husband talked to a guy there to order the right one.

I go down by 0.0004g on my scale per day so I need this kind of precision!  I never tried liquid b/c the scale method just meant less changes and my body doesn't like changes in this process.

I dose once per day at 9pm, so it takes me a little less than an hour to make a week's worth.  I put on some calming music. Sometimes, my daughter sits by me to keep me company and make sure I'm not messing up my numbers. My husband makes my spreadsheets. This method does require kinda steady hands.

I pour directly from my Librium capsule into the gelatin capsule and use a little tiny scoop spatula I go on Amazon to fine tune the amount of powder.

Does your scale look like this?

https://www.amazon.com/Sartorius-ENTRIS124-1S-Analytical-External-Calibration/dp/B00J8F44H8/ref=sr_1_2?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1526491912&sr=1-2&refinements=p_4%3ASartorius&dpID=41HTkEiXxoL&preST=_SX342_QL70_&dpSrc=srch#customerReviews

Caltn- yes my scale looks just like that. But mine measures up to 60g, not 120g so mine was cheaper than this one. I think mine was around or just under $1000. You don't really need the upper weighing values for taper... you need the low measurements. Mine came with a 50g calibration weight. I thought I might need other calibration weights like 10 g or 1 g but those are not needed and not useful. I got my scale directly from Sartorius but looks like they're on Amazon now- lol. I did but nonstatic weigh boats and a little spatula scoop from Amazon. Oh and I wear latex gloves too when I do my weighing bc fingerprints can add weight plus a little powder spills and I didn't want it on my skin in case it gets absorbed at all. One woman on here wore a mask but I don't. Anyway this scale really is accurate to that last digit and it may fluctuate by +/- 0.0001 but often it doesn't even do that.

I made a contraption to hold my empty capsule upright- I put that whole thing on the scale, Tare it, then hold the capsule and fill it and put it back on the contraption on the scale and keep taking some out or adding more to get the right weight. I don't add powder directly in the scale. I remove the capsule and hold it out in front over my weigh boat  and just put it back on the scale to measure. You have to let the scale be on for 30 minutes before using to let the internal temperature stabilize. Although the guy at Sartorius said it's often stable much sooner. I used to wait only 10 min but now I do wait at least 30. I'm not on here a lot so feel free to PM me if you have any other questions and I don't answer here...or PM me to tell me you posted a question here- so others can benefit too. :)

For my contraption, I use a small empty pill case container, cut off the lid, stuffed it with those white art erasers which I could cut easily to leave a gap just big enough to fit my capsule into. This keeps the capsule more or less upright. I use size 4 gelatin capsules but they do come larger which would be easier to fill. I don't like swallowing the larger ones though.

Hope this helps!

• 5 months later...

Hey libr which model Sartorius scale do you have? Is there a link for it that you could provide? I’m looking to invest in a nicer scale, the Gemini just isn’t accurate enough for me especially at the Lower doses.... much thanks :)

Would also love to know more about a better precision gram scale...and the link! I’m based in the UK so any help would be hugely appreciated!

:smitten:

I use the Sartorius Entris- directly from the company's site. Mine weighs 0.1 mg to 60 g.

(That means as low as 0.0001 g). It is very accurate. It's +/- 0.0001 g. But usually it doesn't fluctuate at all. It's covered in all sides and top. Mine is 3 yrs old so they may have other models now. All the best to everyone!

• 1 month later...
Yes- but the peace of mind it gives me with the precision was worth it to me. I’m still working also. I saw someone once post a cheaper one on Amazon - not sure if the brand. But with scales, cost equals precision.

Ah well, my method at 1.1 mg( approx)  valium is halve a 2 mg pill , take one of those halves and chip a bit from the end of the other one and eat that too..worked well months ago when all the other methods didn't. If I run into trouble, I may have to rethink but the home stretch is in sight and I hate fiddling with scales, milk etc etc