Your experience with pharm compounded liquid clonazapam please!

[Sc...]

Hi,

Since my first dose of liquid clonazapam compounded by pharmacist felt like placebo, I’d really like to here from those who’ve taken pharm compounded liquid clonazapam & your experiences with it.

If it didn’t work for you. Lease tell how you knew it wasn’t working & how long it took you to figure that out? Did you have serious ramifications from the experience?

Was yours made with pure powder? Crushed tablets? What solution? Concentration? Etc

Mine is made with ora sweet & ora plus with crushed teva tablets(my generic)@ .5mg/ml concentration. My total daily dose is 3.5mg & I plan to liquid taper .5mg @ a time remaining on tablets for the rest of other daily dosesuntil next .5mg 6:30am dose is ready to be tapered, then liquid taper that down to .25mg hold, & liquid taper 12:30pm dose down to .25mg, then hopefully liquid taper each of those day doses down simultaneously, as I remain on tablets for bed dose, until that comes then liquid taper off that .5mg @ a time.

If you tried it & decided to go a different route & that worked better, please let me know of that, too, if you would please.

All experiences & imput welcome.

Much thanks

Hi Scaredie,

I am using compounded Clonazepam for my taper. They are using 14.4  - 2mg crushed tablets in 288ml of the oar sweet/plus. My doctor specified that the pharmacy is only to use the same brand that I was taking in pill form prior to starting my taper.

My pharmacist emphasized the importance of shaking the bottle well before drawing each dose and since I am using both a 5ml syringe and 1ml syringe , I am to shake it well before using the second syringe. His reasoning for this is that if I don’t I would get very little medication and mostly suspension. The end result being that I would be taking a higher dose of medication as the total amount of mls in the bottle were used up.

I dose twice a day and because I tapered my night dose while taking tablets, I am now only tapering my morning dose until they are equal. At that time my reduction will be spread across both doses. I hope that this helps to answer your question.

Hi Scaredie,

I am using compounded Clonazepam for my taper. They are using 14.4  - 2mg crushed tablets in 288ml of the oar sweet/plus. My doctor specified that the pharmacy is only to use the same brand that I was taking in pill form prior to starting my taper.

My pharmacist emphasized the importance of shaking the bottle well before drawing each dose and since I am using both a 5ml syringe and 1ml syringe , I am to shake it well before using the second syringe. His reasoning for this is that if I don’t I would get very little medication and mostly suspension. The end result being that I would be taking a higher dose of medication as the total amount of mls in the bottle were used up.

I dose twice a day and because I tapered my night dose while taking tablets, I am now only tapering my morning dose until they are equal. At that time my reduction will be spread across both doses. I hope that this helps to answer your question.

Thank you very much, so I’m assuming the concentration of your solution is.1mg/ml?

How are you figuring out your reductions? With Jim Hawks charts?

If so, you’ve only had you use them for one liquid dose per day so far, to clarify? For example you’re only liquid tapering one dose right now until your doses are even then you’ll liquid taper 2 doses per day?

Much gratitude

Hi Scaredie,

Yes my concentration is .1mg/ml. I am taking both doses as compounded so no pills. Since I had tapered my evening dose down to 3.75mls my doctor did not want me to decrease the evening dose any further. She is having me taper only the morning dose until I reach 3.75mls. At that point I will begin tapering both doses so that I am taking the same amount for each dose say my taper was 6%, each dose would be decreased by 3% so that they remain equal.

So far so good, minimal side effects so far. The skin on my back shoulder area burns, have had pins and needles occasionally in upper arms, slight increase in anxiety, short periods of heart palpitations which seem to proceed what feels like a panic attack starting but doesn’t.

The symptoms have been very tolerable so far. Let me know if you have any other questions 😊