Author Topic: Stomach Healing Support  (Read 10748 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Stomach Healing Support
« Reply #210 on: August 18, 2020, 05:16:08 pm »
How is everyone doing? I can relate so much to Kathyís post I am experiencing all of the same digestive issues as well as a setback from a single dose of an antibiotic. I had food poisoning and am back in withdrawal along with post infectious IBS. Itís been two months since the food poisoning and six weeks since the setback.

[...] everyone is doing okay would love any thoughts or support. Thanks!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #211 on: August 18, 2020, 07:29:15 pm »
Hello x Iím glad I found this thread. I went into interdose withdrawal in November 2018, immediately had [...] symptoms, mine manifested as malabsorption, sorry to give tmi, yellowish greasy stools. Lost a lot of weight, chronic insomnia. Lost about 15 kg. Had multiple gastro doc appointments, colonoscopy and endoscopy ct scans, mris. Nothing found, only mild pancreatic insufficiency. I was put on crown, with is a strong enzyme, but it made things worse. I was getting horrendous pain upper right quadrant, but liver tests came back normal. I now take probiotics and naturopathic enzymes, things are slightly better, but stools are still the same, tho not going as often. Has anyone else had malabsorption issues?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #212 on: August 19, 2020, 03:51:16 pm »
How is everyone doing? I can relate so much to Kathyís post I am experiencing all of the same digestive issues as well as a setback from a single dose of an antibiotic. I had food poisoning and am back in withdrawal along with post infectious IBS. Itís been two months since the food poisoning and six weeks since the setback.

[...] everyone is doing okay would love any thoughts or support. Thanks!

You're  Wonder Woman, so you should be helping US!! :) :) . Kidding, of course, and wow, food poisoning. You've really been through it. As they say, you gotta [...] through it to get to it. We all have a different "it" in many respects, but benzo-free and healthy is probably a mutual goal for most of us. I sincerely [...] you're somewhat better now post-poisoning. Keep up the great fight though! I bet you're doing the right things, but sometimes we question ourselves. This thread used to be more active and give a few people to bounce ideas off of, but we can get it going again. My [...] issues are pretty continuous, but they're SO much better than the first few years of my taper. For me, less is more, so I don't take many supplements at all, and I just try to eat right, drink nothing but water, and stay as active as I can. Had to start working full-time a year ago due to financial headaches, and that threw a huge wrench into the [...] fun, but I can work around it. It's always something, so we might as well get comfortable with being uncomfortable until the healing day hits :)

Have a mega positive day!

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #213 on: August 19, 2020, 05:27:38 pm »
Hello x Iím glad I found this thread. I went into interdose withdrawal in November 2018, immediately had [...] symptoms, mine manifested as malabsorption, sorry to give tmi, yellowish greasy stools. Lost a lot of weight, chronic insomnia. Lost about 15 kg. Had multiple gastro doc appointments, colonoscopy and endoscopy ct scans, mris. Nothing found, only mild pancreatic insufficiency. I was put on crown, with is a strong enzyme, but it made things worse. I was getting horrendous pain upper right quadrant, but liver tests came back normal. I now take probiotics and naturopathic enzymes, things are slightly better, but stools are still the same, tho not going as often. Has anyone else had malabsorption issues?

Holy cow, so much of your background sounds just like mine! Tests, procedures, enzymes, etc. Everybody finds different answers, but for me, slowing the taper down along with decreasing the different things that [...] into my body (supplements and food types) helped with the overall [...] issues. I started to eat softer foods and that helped. I can't really say if malabsorption became an issue. I was told that taking lots of different supplements can interfere with overall absorption of nutrients, and things really evened out when I cut back. As usual, less is more. I got my body used to the same foods and liquids going in (consistent rhythm), and things just started working much better as far as digestion, etc. Also, I think another big thing was that I psychologically accepted where I was, which took a lot of pressure off myself. I just sort of rolled with things and stopped chasing answers. Upper right quadrant pain...I had that too and still do on occasion, but it's much less invasive than in the past.

We'll all just keeping moving along and find our own answers. You hang tight!!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #214 on: September 20, 2020, 06:25:41 pm »
The oral thrush should heal . Your body will naturally find itís own balance . Try to stay away from everything xx

[Buddie]

« Reply #215 on: September 20, 2020, 08:38:08 pm »

Holy cow, so much of your background sounds just like mine! Tests, procedures, enzymes, etc. Everybody finds different answers, but for me, slowing the taper down along with decreasing the different things that [...] into my body (supplements and food types) helped with the overall [...] issues. I started to eat softer foods and that helped. I can't really say if malabsorption became an issue. I was told that taking lots of different supplements can interfere with overall absorption of nutrients, and things really evened out when I cut back. As usual, less is more. I got my body used to the same foods and liquids going in (consistent rhythm), and things just started working much better as far as digestion, etc. Also, I think another big thing was that I psychologically accepted where I was, which took a lot of pressure off myself. I just sort of rolled with things and stopped chasing answers. Upper right quadrant pain...I had that too and still do on occasion, but it's much less invasive than in the past.

So good to hear from u! Yes mine settled down a little now too, not taking enzymes last 2 weeks, just seeing if my body can do itís thing, so far so good. I think ur right, the not knowing was scaring the sh*t outta me literally, so now that I know whatís wrong things have been better. I get ruq pain maybe once or twice a month now. I think I was trying to put so much in my body to stay well I just overwhelmed it. Great to hear I wasnít going crazy like the drs said! Amazing how many systems in the body are effected. It really is catastrophic

[Buddie]

« Reply #216 on: September 21, 2020, 06:51:39 pm »

So good to hear from u! Yes mine settled down a little now too, not taking enzymes last 2 weeks, just seeing if my body can do itís thing, so far so good. I think ur right, the not knowing was scaring the sh*t outta me literally, so now that I know whatís wrong things have been better. I get ruq pain maybe once or twice a month now. I think I was trying to put so much in my body to stay well I just overwhelmed it. Great to hear I wasnít going crazy like the drs said! Amazing how many systems in the body are effected. It really is catastrophic

Like they say...benzos can affect anywhere in the body where there are nerves. The entire central nervous system! So, nothing surprises me anymore. You hear about people's sx and wonder if they can possibly be benzo-related...they most definitely can. I've had dozens and dozens of sx and freaked about each one (in the beginning). Now I just let them roll off my back, and on to the next I [...]! It may be a little risky, but I got tired of running to the doctors (who are mostly clueless) every time a side effect popped up. Time heals. Bless you!

[Buddie]

« Reply #217 on: September 21, 2020, 07:10:09 pm »
Yes exactly. I had every test known to man and then some. I only talk to my dr to get scripts now. Which Iím sure sheís greatful for! So many tests ...