Study, May/18: Trends in the long-term use of benzodiazepines -- Finland

[La...]

but the decline was not uniform between the substances-the long-term use of clonazepam and zolpidem even increased.

That is very troubling to read. I don't understand why Klonopin remains one of the drugs that doctors prefer. It is such a very potent anxiolytic, and its problems are long-lasting. In fact, I feel that they remain with me to this day.

I'm with you on that one, Terry. I'm not sure why. Perhaps it's easily accessible in the countries where it's prescribed, or maybe the doctors are familiar with it. Obviously, there are other choices, but it does seem to be widely prescribed here, there and everywhere.

I'm with you on that one, Terry. I'm not sure why. Perhaps it's easily accessible in the countries where it's prescribed, or maybe the doctors are familiar with it. Obviously, there are other choices, but it does seem to be widely prescribed here, there and everywhere.

I don´t think that´s it. The Nordic countries tend to have an alcohol problem, and up to a point of sedatives in general.

Presumably the evil K is seen as less ´addictive´ ! Those poor people in Finland ...

Less addictive than what, liberty? Other benzos? Or alcohol?

I believe it's widely prescribed here in Canada too, but again, it might have to do with what's available, what the particular doctor knows about the various benzos, and other factors. In my case, I would guess that my doctor was familiar with clonazepam, and that's why he prescribed it for me. I'd be interested to have the facts and stats from the pharmacies on which ones are most prescribed here.