constantly hungry

[jo...]

Unlike all of you that have issues with appetite, I'm hungry all day long.  I'm gaining unwanted weight and especially belly fat.  Its crazy that I can feel as hungry as I do.  Has anyone else gone through this?  I know that many of you would likely enjoy having this problem.  But when you're not able to be active and you're eating more, and you feel bad enough about what's going on with you, unwanted weight gain is just another hurdle to get over.

I start gaining weight during withrawal cause when I eat something I couldn’t feel that my stomach is full enough I think the nerves that suppose to get the signal from stomach to the brain and tell the brain that it is full is damaged so try to count ur calories and try to be active even if it’s only an small walk can help and I heard hot water with lemon can also help with digestive system

I have completely lost my ability to feel any sense of fullness at all combined with a constant compulsive craving to eat.

Also I got very frightened of all the healthy paleo food I used to eat because it felt wrong in my numb mouth and smelled and tasted disgusting. I am trying to retrain my brain to cope with it while reinstated.

I have constant sugar craving.

I could eat cupboards full of food and get no feeling of having done so.

My stomach and guts have no sensation.

Honestly I think it’s because our sense of taste has returned from its previously semi numbed state. This sensation should mellew our in time, however kind of sucks it happened during summer!

With everything else going on, enjoy this. Eat some amazing meals.

For me appetite was a seperate issue to taste...

But Yes, I relate well to the op...

My piggery started with opiate WD or more tolerance... -pre benzo...

After the CT, eating was the only relief i could get from the constant GI cramping and spacticity, -all 10 minutes of it...

Enter the benzo use...

With my benzo taper, the eating problem got slowly better the more stable and lower I got...

At about 1V I noticed it had suddenly polarised, or swapped, To no interest in food, or hunger (within limits), and the weight started to drop off 14kg so far.. Though I have also been more active...

At 0.25V appetite seems to be returning to normal(ish)..

Im not sure much of this will relate to your situation, and I did use a medication to re regulate GI peristalsis as mine was non functional from non benzo damage.. Though I think many of these medications have similar effects...

Just try to do the best you can, knowing that you do have a little control over it.. -I ate many Kg of the yummiest raw organic carrots at one point... -a nice change from complete junk food...

Anyways, I hope it settles for you soon..

That happened to me too!

As Ajusta describes, it is as if I had lost sensation from my stomach, then whatever I felt coming from that area was usually interpreted as "hunger". At some point I was indeed always hungry, eating never made me feel full - and never ever satisfied. I don't know whether it is the receptors in our guts and/or receptors in our brain but know that they are upregulating, you are healing. This is temporary  :thumbsup:

In the meantime, try to be patient with yourself. Of course you don't want to be over-eating junk-food but perhaps look for a "happy-medium" while you deal with this excess hunger/appetite. Beginning your meals with non-starchy vegetables may help you feel fuller, as well as provide you with vitamin, minerals and plenty fiber. Drink water of course  :thumbsup:

What you eat and drink provide you with the building-blocks for a healthy brain and body  :thumbsup:

I hope this eases soon!

Mine was so bad I could have eaten the wallpaper off the walls. I still get this from time to time. The way I managed was to not have any bad foods in the house- only healthy. Also once I had eaten I said to myself..that is it..and even though I wanted to eat anything in sight I forced myself not to. It was and is so hard to do. Only have healthy snacks in the house is the key.

shania

My brain gets in to a complete panic if there is no sugar. It is an extreme anxiety.

I have never been like this in my life. I have never had a sweet tooth and only ever craved sugar premensturally - I do wonder about hormones.

And when I say I never feel full - I mean never. There is zero sensation or feedback to my brain. Even if I have not managed to control the hunger and have eaten and eaten I feel nothing. I don’t even feel sick or pain or anything.

As I tapered down my brain got very confused about what was edible - literally. In the panic it would be telling me to eat the plate, or my toothbrush and at the same time the numb mouth and altered tactile sense had made vegetables frightening - like I became phobic of them.

Even with reinstating I still can’t bring myself to eat all the lovely healthy food I have eaten my whole adult life.

It makes me despair.

I want to do a keto diet but atm I can’t even manage to stick to good wholefood healthy eating and meat totally repulses me. I am forcing myself to eat some white fish when I can.

As soon as a I think about eating something alike roast veg and fish my brain starts to panic and I have to talk myself in to it.

I also can’t cook because I have become frightened to the sizzling and heat and noises of the kitchen.

Cooking and food were one of my great pleasures.

Yes! This is currently happening to me. I'm on week 3-4 CT from a 10 MG a day Ativan habit. Glad to know this isn't just happening to me. It's such a strong hunger feeling in the pit of my stomach and if I don't eat something I feel sick or even vomit

• 1 month later...

As Ajusta describes, it is as if I had lost sensation from my stomach,

Hi Julz, how long did it take before you could feel your stomach again?

I also craved sugary stuff so badly. I once ate a whole tub of manuka honey in one hit. It was horrible consequences...I was so reved up after.

The craving for sugar gets so bad its like I need a fix or hit-my body goes mad. Fortunately this symptom is not there all the time. When it happens I have nothing too s8ugary in the house to reach for so the only damage I can do when I get this symptom is a bowl of cereal.

shania