Can I take iron pills?

[Ah...]

Hi guys

I just had my blood test results I am iron deficiency my doctor thinks that I need to take iron pills for couple of weeks but I kinda afraid to do that cause I afraid having a bad reaction to it I didn’t really like them before Cause they used to give me constipation

Does anyone have iron deficiency and took iron pills without problems?

Any advice would be appreciated thank you

Not sure, about iron, but I know vitamin b's usually can make symptoms worse. But I would start at a very low dose.

I have not had any issues taking iron pills.  If you have had stomach upset in the past, did you consider a chewable iron vitamin that you can break apart and take part of for a while, and slowly work your way up to a full dose?  Sometimes switching brands or types can be helpful, also. 

Thank you for the replies

Yes I probably need to try a chewing gums first slowly see if I can handle it

Does anyone knows any good brand that I can try?

Not sure, try amazon and read reviews and stick to one that has few additives. I always take shots for vitamin bs.

• 2 weeks later...
Iron has been the only one I've been able to tolerate so far. I use a chelated form which is more absorbable and a little easier on the digestive tract. If you decide to give it a try, maybe start with a low dose and increase it slowly.

I take Floradix Over the counter. My neurologist recommended it because I am I am deficient it’s non-constipating is says it right on the box. I’ve been taking it for over a week and no issues. I bought it on Amazon