How do you deal with nervosity, agitation?

[za...]

Hi everyone,

I'd like to ask for your input on ways to deal with agitation or nervosity we get during this ordeal? What helped you or is helping you to alliaviate this symptom?

Thanks much,

Mary

I consciously make an effort to follow my breath. Paying attention to the air when it enters my nostrils and down my throat into my lung, and then back out again. In and out repeatedly, following the sensation of air,  letting the air fall out instead of pushing the air out of your lungs. This works, to some extent, every time. Sometimes it's a cure, and stops agitation and anxiety in its track.  Sometimes it takes 30 seconds. Sometimes i catch myself in public or in s group of people, following my breath for hours. I realise I'm in s good place mentally and am much calmer. It always works

Other things that might help: fish oil and mct's - medium chain triglycerides,  extremely good for the brain. 

Calm ease - ionized magnesium and potassium,  depending on which one you get. Works wonders for restlessness, cricusl for healing during withdrawal

Liposomal vitamin c - useful as an anti cancer,  immune system booster. But also,  will reduce cortisol levels,  which is our stress hormone.

Deep relaxation techniques, practice following your breath. Take into account all the things you are grateful for.  Hope this helps

nothing helps me except to just stop......stop doing Everything!. stop thinking, doing or standing even if you have to. Just sit and be. Following your breathing seems like a good way to do it. personally I just sit there and remind myself, this is temporary. I repeat it like a mantra until it leaves. "This is temporary" over and over. Thats honestly all i can do.

Some try to calm down, but I usually find it easier not to try anything to stop the agitation and transfer the energy into something else. Stop whatever I am trying to do and go for a walk, take a shower, do house-chores or whatever... cook... anything which is a bit more physical and requires less cognitive focus!

And repeat to yourself that you are healing, this is temporary  :thumbsup: