Looking for short term users?????

[Re...]

I'm a short term user about 4 months ,temazepam 15mgs as needed for sleep. And xanax .50 as needed for anxiety or panic.  C/T when I figured out I was withdrawing without knowing.  24 days off today. Looking for similar stories.

Syspmtoms now

Nauseous, more pronounced in the morning

No appetite

Spacey feeling

Agitation (feeling and noise)

Transient anxiety at times.

Weakness

No energy.

Just feeling out of it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Re...]

• [St...]

• [To...]

• [te...]

Short term user checking in.

Less than three months low dose Ativan (.5) only once per day if even that.

I am three months out and my insomnia is getting better but not much deep sleep.

My worst symptoms are health anxiety and anxiety about my (and loved ones) mortality.  Depression (and I am on an antidepressant), I also get intrusive thoughts more than I would like but just ignore them.

I can't watch the news or violence on tv (I used to love crime shows). I can't plan into the future.

I also have tennitus, some inner vibrations (head) when I sleep.

I had derealization/disconnected feeling but it has lifted thank God.

I look forward to when we are both writing our success stories.

Yea right now, I dont find pleasure in much of anything. I always watch shows like friends, and not really pay attention. I'll be on forums reading and educating myself a bit more. The health anxiety, I kinda had strong the first two weeks, cause I've had gi issues. And I had typhoid fever before all this, but got checked and nothing serious came back. I think it just benzo withdrawal. My mother comes in to town every so often, she helps me with food. Keeps me eating which calms most of my symptoms.

Hey I'm a short term user of ativan of 4.5-5 months including taper. I'm two months out. Symptoms as of now anxiety/ panic, tremor, poor sleep, head tension/ pressure, shallow breathing/air hunger.

Momo, had you had any improvements? When I first started to withdrawal without knowing I felt toxic. This lasted about 2 weeks, and certain things got better. Like the toxic feeling I thought I was poisoned by something. But I'm still having symptoms. It's crazy how these drugs can effect you. Even if you dont take them all every day. Baffled by it all.

Momo, had you had any improvements? When I first started to withdrawal without knowing I felt toxic. This lasted about 2 weeks, and certain things got better. Like the toxic feeling I thought I was poisoned by something. But I'm still having symptoms. It's crazy how these drugs can effect you. Even if you dont take them all every day. Baffled by it all.

Yes I have had some improvement. If you read my signature that was month one(my first week off was intense with all those symptoms plus I could not walk my first week I was so weak and dizzy) month 2 I still have anxiety/panic,tremor, poor sleep, head tension/pressure, shallow breathing or air hunger...but not as intense as it was week 1 and 2. Now I'm not sure if by toxic you mean like this wave where all your symptoms peak at one time because with me around a hour after I wake up I feel all my symptoms but by 11 to 130pm they are revved up then slowly start to subside close to 2 or 3pm. Is that what you mean?

I'm a short term user of all the benzos and yes, I feel like I can't see and head tightness with severe insomnia. Just never feel right.

Yea I was prescribed temazepam and xanax as needed. Sucks that you can. Withdrawal with out knowing..

I am a short-term user... almost 19 months out... feeling normal most of the time, but sleep is still an issue.

Hey teegirl,

How long did it take you for your symptoms to fade? Have you tried any natural supplements for sleep, like magnesium?

Hey teegirl,

How long did it take you for your symptoms to fade? Have you tried any natural supplements for sleep, like magnesium?

Hi, I was in acute for 3 months (fear, panic attacks, anxiety). Then I had depression/suicidal ideation until 6 months. Things were better but still tough between 6-9 months. By 12 months, it was MUCH more tolerable. I didn't have huge windows/waves, just a gradual improvement with ups and downs of course. Sleep has improved at a snails pace, again with ups and downs. I'm having a tough week because I'm worried about my son--not sleeping as well, feeling headache-y, but if I've learned anything through this process, it's that this too shall pass. Tried magnesium one day and didn't sleep as well that night, so stopped right away. It could have been coincidence, but now I'm scared to try again. I'm still very sleep insecure and don't take a good night for granted. I have two kinds of magnesium sitting around, so maybe one day I'll get up the courage to try again...

Hey teegirl,

Hi, I was in acute for 3 months (fear, panic attacks, anxiety). Then I had depression/suicidal ideation until 6 months. Things were better but still tough between 6-9 months. By 12 months, it was MUCH more tolerable. I didn't have huge windows/waves, just a gradual improvement with ups and downs of course. Sleep has improved at a snails pace, again with ups and downs. I'm having a tough week because I'm worried about my son--not sleeping as well, feeling headache-y, but if I've learned anything through this process, it's that this too shall pass. Tried magnesium one day and didn't sleep as well that night, so stopped right away. It could have been coincidence, but now I'm scared to try again. I'm still very sleep insecure and don't take a good night for granted. I have two kinds of magnesium sitting around, so maybe one day I'll get up the courage to try again...

Oh gosh. You are saying you had suicidal ideations for three months????

I've had them for about three days now and I've never been so scared!! How did you cope?, What were your coping mechanisms???  Please help!

Hi TeeGirl after reading your post I think it may take for me some more time to heal . Like you even I tried magnisium as I read it can lessen anxiety but all it gave to me was insomnia. Never touched it after that .

Hey teegirl,

I've had them for about three days now and I've never been so scared!! How did you cope?, What were your coping mechanisms???  Please help!

Hi, I didn't have it continuously, but from time to time and it was scary... the depression was very bad during that time... I'm so sorry you are having it now... I was fortunate to have my husband watching out for me... is there anyone you can turn to for support? I also found that going on walks outside helped me, if you are able to do something like that. Please be safe, this too shall pass...

Hi TeeGirl after reading your post I think it may take for me some more time to heal . Like you even I tried magnisium as I read it can lessen anxiety but all it gave to me was insomnia. Never touched it after that .

Hi, please don't take my timeline as gospel. Everyone heals differently and the total time can really vary. Even as I have healed so much, I find myself wondering how much longer it will take to get to 100% but I try not to dwell on it. I try to appreciate what I can do, and try not to think about what I can't. I think taking it one day at a time really helps to get through this without added pain/frustration.

Wow, so magnesium gave you insomnia too? Maybe I'm not crazy for avoiding it after all!

Teegirl,

Did you have problems sleeping before the one month of klonopine?

No, I was a great sleeper before my run in with Klonopin. I rue the day I went to my doctor!

Teegirl,

No, I was a great sleeper before my run in with Klonopin. I rue the day I went to my doctor!

This scares me a little. I can't sleep at all anymore. Not even a nap.

Teegirl,

I was the same, no sleep. But as long as you stay off Benzos and other substances that affect GABA, slowly but surely, your sleep will come back. What helped me was lying in bed with my eyes closed at night. That gave my brain/body the chance to get a few winks of sleep, and ever so slowly those barely perceptible snoozes got longer and deeper as time went by. The best we can do in this situation is to take it one day at a time, to be thankful for the sleep we are able to get, to be kind to ourselves and practice self care, to remind each other to have hope because our brains do heal albeit slowly.

Teegirl,

I was the same, no sleep. But as long as you stay off Benzos and other substances that affect GABA, slowly but surely, your sleep will come back. What helped me was lying in bed with my eyes closed at night. That gave my brain/body the chance to get a few winks of sleep, and ever so slowly those barely perceptible snoozes got longer and deeper as time went by. The best we can do in this situation is to take it one day at a time, to be thankful for the sleep we are able to get, to be kind to ourselves and practice self care, to remind each other to have hope because our brains do heal albeit slowly.

How much sleep do you get now?

Teegirl,

On a good night, I get 6-8 hours. The last two nights have been bad--only 3-4 hours followed by a period of wakefulness and then light, broken snoozing until 5 or 6am.

Teegirl,

On a good night, I get 6-8 hours. The last two nights have been bad--only 3-4 hours followed by a period of wakefulness and then light, broken snoozing until 5 or 6am.

Can you nap?

Hey teegirl,

Hi, I didn't have it continuously, but from time to time and it was scary... the depression was very bad during that time... I'm so sorry you are having it now... I was fortunate to have my husband watching out for me... is there anyone you can turn to for support? I also found that going on walks outside helped me, if you are able to do something like that. Please be safe, this too shall pass...

Well I get these severely at night and when I wake up (if I happen to sleep). So people are home, but I wouldn't want to wake them... The last couple nights I just came out to the couch and suffered in silence. I wouldn't in a million years want my teenage daughter to see me like that. During the day I have lots of support even though I am home alone mostly.

Fake It,

I'm there with you. In the past 8 months, I went through a lawsuit, two boob jobs, went to the ER for constioation (which was almost as bad as giving birth) and benzo withdrawl. Life gets very hard. Just try and focus on getting better and how strong we will be after it's over.