4-year journey complete. Onto year 5...

[K-...]

Hey all.

On May 5th, I completed the first 4 years of my journey off klonopin.  The first 10 months of these 48 months was for my taper.  The rest has been benzo-free.  During these 48 months, my anxiety completely disappeared (never returned), and my confidence level has been at an all-time high.  I have become financially responsible and have many conservative beliefs and practices beyond my finances.  I have ditched sports and Hollywood and grabbed onto philosophy, alternative medicine, and politics.  I am never afraid and rarely stressed out.  In 2 weeks, I walk the stage for my Master's degree.  Shortly after that, I begin a brand new job with the state.

My withdrawal symptoms continue as follows:  physical pain and soreness are still present but less imprisoning.  Symptoms related to amygdala (old insecurities returning) have improved by leaps and bounds.  I walk down the street looking forward and up and survive, daily, oncomers and their direct eye contact.  I speak my mind in different environments and do not back down from any weak argument, and at the same time, I remain humble with an open mind. 

Greatest things I did to minimize symptoms:  Put supplements regimen on hold and decreased heating foods like onions and hot sauces and increased cooling foods like green veggies.  I increased physical movement.  I force myself to face all uncomfy situations daily because it helps me build mental immunity.  Facing uncomfy situations gives me momentum and faith that all is okay.

Peace.  Year 5 here I am...

PS:  I'm rarely on here and may take months to reply to PM's.