Pulsatile tinnitus

[76...]

Does anyone else have pulsating tinnitus ? This doesn't seem to be the usual kind. It worries me because of possible vascular issues. Anyone else experience this.

Yes,I have this as well. I don’t have it as much as I did 7 months ago,I had it constantly and went to cardiologist for it,all came back fine. But my worse symptoms are all in my ears. I have pulsatile tinnitus,crackling,popping,fullness in ears and extremely sensitive to barametric pressure now. It’s awful. But I will tell you he pulsatile tinnitus has eased up a lot for me. I know it’s scary but it will ease up. If you have vascular issues already I would atleast get it checked out so you don’t worry about it.

• 1 year later...

Google caused me so much panic until I found this site and realized it’s all related to withdrawal.

Don’t google pulsatile tinnitus if it started during withdrawal. It’ll freak you out.

The pulsing stuff pretty much has stopped but I still have high pitched ringing at varrying intensities most days. 3 years out.

You seem to have habituated? 3 years is a long time

I'm not sure if that's good or bad... but yes, I've had Tinnitus ever since my drop date. I started to get the crackling and stuff while I was using Benzos... but when I came off, it was all bad. Lot's of the pulsating stuff; more in one than the other. Then that dissapeared almost completely and now it's just the high pitched ringing every day at varrying intensities. Sometimes I don't notice and other times it's really bad... which usually coincides with how I am feeling. So if I'm feeling poorly, my Tinnitus is really bad. If I'm feeling less like sh*t then the Tinnitus is less. It's definitely a bad symptom to have because I don't know if the damage is going to be permanent. Especially after 3 years. I always think that I'll wake up someday and it will be gone... silence again. I'm not sure I'll ever have the luxury of experiencing pure silence again but I remain hopeful I guess... what else can you do.

[7f...]

Hi mom!

Yes, I have pulsatil tinnitus and started after a round of antibiotics (cipro) and a very small dose of benzos. I was having a cold so it may be part of the problem. There is a very good site were you can find how people that cope with it, is called wooshers.com, they are also on Facebook. It's a good site with no scary stories. Very informative.

The difference with the regular tinnitus is that the noise ,whatever type, is in sync with your heart beat. i did all the test CT,MRA,MRV,MRI with no luck. I did all those without contrast. Afer the benzos and antibiotic I'm very careful what I put in my body. Contrast would be more helpful for doctors but I don't like what I heard about it and the damage it can cause.

I read that 75% of PT causes is found in the vascular system. In my case loss of hearing may be an issue, you hear more what is inside your head. I still have hopes that the benzo that I have been tapering and only use for 6 months could be the problem. Having both the PT and symptoms of withdrawal has been really hard to cope with.

Hopefully when I finish the taper I'll get better and fight.

Regards,

Miguel

[7f...]

Hi Meganz!

Well, horrible stories are everywhere even here at BB. Like you do with your TV you can change channels if you don't like what you see. My thing is that on that site I learn a lot about PT and I found the right doctors and places where you have a chance of get fixed or at least to find out what is wrong. Thanks to that site now PT is recognize as a different condition than the regular tinnitus having different medical condition code.

Hope your tinnitus get better!

Regards!