Anyone else have chronic fatiigue condiirton PRE benzo w/d?

[Ch...]

Some Buddies clearly get their energy wiped out by w/d, even with a slow taper.

But what of those who already had a condition causing chronic fatigue?

That covers a lot of bases of course. Not just CFS or sleep apnoea, like me.

The extra fatigue of w/d is hard to calculate exactly but the whole package is hard to deal with.

I was just saying how I can't hardly even stand now because I'm so tired. Could be lack of sleep. Not sure what's going on.

I was diagnosed with ME/CFS pre taper, but I think it is all the benzos for me. I read an article today that suggests benzos can be a cause.  I will try to find the article, somewhere on Twitter.

Stacey there are threads on benzo-induced fatigue if you do a search. I started one a few weeks ago. It seems to be a real issue of some buddies, as does insomnia.

Fatigue has been the worst for me some days are spent just laying in bed totally wiped out even after sleeping for 7-9 hours. I dont know what causes it I was diagnosed with lyme pre-benzo but was treated and never really had any type of fatigue close to what I'm experiencing now.

I know where you are coming from. I have never felt as fatigued as I have lately. I seem to get MORE tired during sleep some nights.

I’ve had ME diagnosis since before Benzos.

While withdrawaing my energy levels got better than had been in years but withdrawal has caused many other serious neuro probs. My ME stuff was more neuro type anyway.

I'm having this really bad right now. I was feeling great 1 month ago, but I overdid it and crashed. It's been 1 month since I have felt good. I am so tired!

This is the worst fatigue I have ever experienced. I am very low in my taper .03 xanax.

I'm fatigued too and I have gone from not being able to sleep at all into sleeping for ages during the day.  Pre WD, and unaware I was in tolerance thought I had CFS.  I am now conviced it's the benzo's. 

I have to go out as live alone and gotta get in the rations  :), but most times I'm flat on my back on the couch.

Gotta go out today to buy food, but ten to one the fruit will become a "still life" sitting in the bowl uneaten.  Little appetite. 

Hey, top idea!  To distract, I could do a still life painting of my fruit bowl.  :D.  Doesn't matter that I can't paint. 

:smitten:

Dee

I was able to paint a little last week. I am still in shock that I could go from doing just fine to bedridden with this setback. I feel like a zombie when I wake up. I know its just a matter of time before things improve. I too live alone and rely on Instacart grocery delivery (what a blessing)

I'm able to do the bare minimum , which in my case is enough to survive for now but I worry about the future. In no way was I expecting this.

Being in the depths of fatigue, just able to survive, is a scary place to be. I came out of a deep fatigue induced by a big cut in 2016, to function somewhat better.

Hi Linnieoffdrugs.

Well I made it to the shopping centre and bought food but could not carry the fruit for my painting, too heavy, and no car.  I'll try again, maybe a big bag of lemons 🍋 🍋 🍋 'cause this deal is a lemon. 

I have started using a nearby deli that sells good wholefood takeaway and though expensive so worth it.  I have no energy or inclination to cook.  Have thrown out so much salmon and free range chicken it's criminal.  I need all of the other stuff though.  Washing powder, dish washing liquid, toothpaste, blah blah.  And I don't wash clothing or wash the dishes so much anymore. 

Currently flat on my back in front of tv my garden needs watering but can't seem to get outside. 

I did not have fatigue like this pre WD I liked doing things. 

Hope you were happy with your painting.  Well done. 

Dee

I have made some small progress from last week. Last week I was mostly in bed . This week I am able to walk 2 blocks to the park some days. I was able to go to the store. Still though nowhere near normal life. Feeling frustrated. Hoping for more improvements soon. Baby Steps I guess

The extra fatigue of w/d is hard to calculate exactly but the whole package is hard to deal with.

Hi Chalkey

I have me/CFS and lately it’s got pretty severe everyday. I’m only on my third cut from Klonopin.

I also have akathisia which means I can’t rest properly but right now I’m bedbound, nauseous with extreme fatigue while having to move around in bed due to akathisia!

I’m pretty scared to be this weak and fatigued at this point.

I am very weak and fatigued as well. I'm pretty sure I have pretty severe adrenal exhaustion. I've been suffering CFS like symptoms for about a month now after I crashed after doing too much intense exercise. I have windows where I feel a little better, but today I feel like crap. I feel weak and feel general malaise almost like I have the flu. I also get the akathesia throughout the night. These are all common in Benzo withdrawal.  You would think with as well as I have been eating and resting for a month straight that I would feel better. Nope! It is scary. I had a few panic attacks yesterday and had convinced myself I had Colon cancer, Kidney Failure, Diabetes all in the same day. Lol . Then I came to my senses and was like none of that makes any sense. My anxiety is probably making me sicker at this point. Hoping for more windows. I think we just have to hang in there . I have read a lot of people having fatigue and malaise from benzo withdrawal and they have gotten better.

Hi Chalkey

I have me/CFS and lately it’s got pretty severe everyday. I’m only on my third cut from Klonopin.

I also have akathisia which means I can’t rest properly but right now I’m bedbound, nauseous with extreme fatigue while having to move around in bed due to akathisia!

I’m pretty scared to be this weak and fatigued at this point.

Artist- am experiencing this as u described it for a very long time - so scared too xxxxxoooo

Does anyone have sleep apnoea? I do and found out this week that a big increase in severity pf apnoea for me  ocoincided with the restart of my taper.

I am going to start a thread on this to give those not following this thread a chance to see it. It could be significant for a lot of people with sleep apnoea who w/d from benzos.

I don’t live alone but can’t do anything. My husband has health issues and has been doing everything even at the expense of compromising his health further. We are both exhausted and way too young for this. I ave CFS and fibro along with immune deficiency and never thought Ativan would give me such trouble.

Sorry Bella Girl that you are going through this. I have developed in the past month basically CFS symptoms. I think my adrenals are totally crashed out right now. Just go slow, you can heal . This takes a long time for some of us. I was in really bad shape 2.5 years ago and healed to almost normal with a lot of good time in that period. Hoping my body can heal again and I can see some improvement soon.

The one great thing is that the fatigue lifted somewhat , although the weakness is still there. If I push myself I fear crashing, so I am basically doing a CFS style recovery plan which is a lot of pacing. They say you should do what you can do for 2 weeks without feeling worse and then increase activity the next week.

Keep us posted on how you all are doing.

Thank you Linnie. I hope this gets better for you quickly. It is a good idea to pace yourself. I have to do it  with CFS or I suffer afterwards. I think everything is made Worse for me by the Ativan withdrawal! Who knew? My psychiatrist treated me for anxiety since 2000 and I always discusses addiction with her. She always said that’s not me. You have a panic disorder and let me treat you for it.  I trusted her. There were times I told her I think I’m getting rebound or withdrawal

Symtpoms. She always said no...you have severe panic disorder. So I listened to her.  She retired 2 years ago and I have been bounced around with other psychiatrists in a new practice I started to go to. Nobody really cared. Just told me to take the medicine.

I’m so angry at myself.

I finally started with a private psychiatrist ...not part of that group and he pushed the same agenda. Take he meds! He also pushed TMS for depression which gave me worse headaches and made me weird. I finally told hmi I want to taper off.  That was 5 days ago and I think I started too low.

That wa my fault though because I tired to taper too quickly and told him

Where I was at. Now it’s ckming back to bite me even harder. I am so afraid