Compounded liquid clonazapam felt like placebo(no med) please help

[Sc...]

First an explanation of what I’ve been experiencing since I quit smoking with nicotine replacement patches in October in relation to clonazapam. Since then I’ve been falling asleep early in evening after taking 3rd dose of day .5mg k pin dose, been unable to focus on prayers(start praying, loose focus, start over, end up asleep)then waking up to take bed dose a couple of hours later. Also along the way, of quitting smoking, I’ve become more spacey in general & more tired. The fatigue & poor cognition(was already present, but not to this degree)has increased as nicotine decreased until I finally discontinued nicotine 4/20/18. Prior to this(quitting smoking starting 10/5/17) I never fell asleep early, sometimes having insomnia despite bed time dose of clonazapam, 2mg. I’ve also stopped coffee.

In summary, I feel that as I’ve dropped the nicotine stimulant, I’ve needed less clonazapam or it has become too much for me @ times & I didn’t realize was what was going on. But I can’t just start making big cuts, I want to get off quickly, but safely & I do still have anxiety. I surmise that loosing the nicotine stimulant has caused the clonazapam to cause more fatigue & cog fog.

More background, I’m so used to & tolerant to clonazapam & take it so regularly & regimental, don’t skip doses, that I don’t feel it’s effects,(like the first time I took .5mg, I could barely feed myself, I was so uncoordinated & then asked to be reduced to .25mg) I just don’t have panic attacks & have less anxiety due in part to the clonazapam & in part by knowing that it will prevent a panic attack. That & it helps my insomnia/sleep. I never felt huge anxiolytics effects from clonazapam. Point being it’s hard to say just from one dose, especially my 3rd dose of the day weather or not it’s working, as I’m so used to it, it’s just my norm. I mean I take it around the clock.  I still feel anxiety many times but never have panic attacks(sometimes will get a mini start to feel one sensation) & sometimes I don’t feel anxiety. I’m not sure how many doses I’d have to skip or what situation I’d have to be in to feel severe anxiety or panic. Lately I feel fatigued & very poor cognition(part of that may be ms, but I don’t & wont know until I eliminate clonazapam, which is going to take a little no time.)

So, more than one person warned me that there have been others who’ve had bad experiences with compounded liquid clonazapam as in it didn’t work or put them into withdrawal. Well I finally tried my compounded liquid clonazapam the other evening for my 3rd .5mg dose, out of 3 .5mg doses per day, then 2mg @ bed, and the normal evening grogginess & brain fogginess was not there. At first felt like it hit me fast like taking a shot(that warm sensation or something) then a bit later felt like I didn’t take any medicine at all. I didn’t fall asleep early like I’ve been doing, was up till 10:30pm, after taking sleep dose @ 9:45pm & I was able to pray lucidly, without going around in circles starting over again repeating myself. I was worried I may not fall asleep. So I don’t know if liquid has proper med amount/ absorbable ability enough in it or if it will put me into withdrawal & I won’t know it because Im already on such a high daily dose.

Also, I’m tolerant to it now, but I don’t know if I need that 3rd dose anymore, for example I don’t always feel anxious before taking evening dose, I take it preventatively & to stay on schedule, so it could take longer for anxiety/withdrawal to show for that .5mg dose reduction or maybe for any .5mg dose reduction @ this starting point.

Since I’m trying to do daily liquid micro taper, & I take such a high total daily dose I feel I won’t know if this liquid isn’t working right until it’s too late as I’m so far just trying to replace one .5mg dose with it. I don’t want to go into withdrawal and don’t want to start something that I may not sense withdrawal from until I’m further down the line & it’s too late. But I so much wanted to try to taper with compounded liquid. There was such a difference though, like medicine vs no medicine, I don’t know what to do.

Does anyone know how long & at what taper rate I’d need to go in order to know if it’s putting me in withdrawal or not?

Ideas, advice as to how I should proceed would be greatly appreciated.

I don’t want to scrap liquid idea if it could work, but don’t want to start something that could harm me & not be the way I’m able to taper anyway.

If I can’t do this I’ll have to go dry & will need all the help I can get for that. Am not into crushing pills. Maybe could get into cutting & weighing if explained to where I could understand. Perhaps the filing method, not sure how to do that either. Ugh.. feel stuck. Oh & I won’t be making my own liquid. Not @ this point @ least, maybe @ end of taper if am having a hard time.

What do I do about this compounded liquid & figuring out if it’s going to work or not?

Thank you, sorry for the novel.