Can’t take this much longer

[Su...]

Okay...this is just so much. Woke up from an hour toxic nap with SCREAMING tinnitus. This, I can not deal with. If the volume could just dial down a bit. Does this ever get better? I am usually not a desperate person but this is torture X 10. I need someone to tell me it’s going to get better...

so sorry to hear that....do you use headphones? If you do, try not to use them ...they gave me a lot of noise even before WD...

Hugs and love,

Mary

Sitting here early a.m Su with tinnitus driving me crazy.  Can't sleep.

Mine comes and goes but never disappears.  I don't know that it will ever leave but I pray that it does.  If it doesn't improve soon am going to see an audiologist to learn skills to manage it because it makes me so tired and depressed.

I hope it has lessened for you today.  I understand Su.  :smitten:

There is a Tinnitus Support Forum here, which might help.  Talking with others is always helpful. 

Our reaction to tinnitus is a very important factor in how much, or how little, it will bother us.  It will likely get much less intrusive, in time.  When we get upset about it, this is sending the wrong signal to the brain, and the sounds will be interpreted as a threat of danger which results in a fight or flight response.  There's some good books and (online) videos available, about managing tinnitus, if you're interested PM me.

Wondering, how much my own thoughts affect tinnitus? Sometimes, I can think "it's gone"! Then it will be right back, because I thought about it. When I forget it, I don`t notice anything. My tinnitus is screaming all the time, but other symptoms shout even higher. So, I think it depends on how much attention it gets. :)

Wondering, how much my own thoughts affect tinnitus? Sometimes, I can think "it's gone"! Then it will be right back, because I thought about it. When I forget it, I don`t notice anything. My tinnitus is screaming all the time, but other symptoms shout even higher. So, I think it depends on how much attention it gets. :)

It is true, the more the brain pays attention to tinnitus, the more you hear it.  It appears that you have habituated to some degree, since you are aware that you don't notice it at times. 

[e7...]

for me the intensity of the tinnitus is usually related to how strong my overall symptoms are.

decades of playing in heavy bands and when i was younger not giving a crap about ear protection unfortunately annihilated my ears to where i already had pretty strong tinnitus before this.

withdrawal tinnitus on top of this has made it extremely, frighteningly loud sometimes

but even for me, after a phase of it being very loud, it has eased off quite a bit, even while i still suffer from other symptoms. even at its worst its not as bad as it was for a while there. if it can die down for me quite a bit, im hopeful that it can for most everyone here, ive had it extraordinarily loud.

now i often go to sleep or rest with thunderstorm tracks or ocean sounds, even just from youtube on my phone or computer playing low; and theres millions of soothing or healing tracks of music right on youtube. ill put something cool sounding on to drown out the tinnitus at least to some degree, when im trying to rest, read, or sleep.

Luke...yeah I find when I don’t sleep well all my symptoms ramp up including tinnitus. When I sleep better all symptoms become a bit softer. I am looking into BPC-157 and DSIP peptides for sleep restoration. Just started researching...

[e7...]

good good. im pretty confident it will relent for you, it might take a little while, but it should subside.

mines not as bad now and it was baaaaddd, like crazy loud. i still have it, but i had it before all this.

itll ramp up from time to time still, but not what it was months ago. there was oh, about 2 months where it was nutty loud

Luke,

Sleep is really my biggest issue. And unfortunately I am CT off Ativan...the notorious sleep killer Benzo. You’ll find all Ativan users in the insomnia thread. It is brutal. I am not sure how much longer I can hold out. Trying so hard.