Empaths, please check in.

[Fa...]

I am hoping there are some other Empaths here to talk with.

The worst part going through this and needing this forum for help is seeing and reading so many others stories and suffering. I feel it all so deeply.

Sometimes I wonder if it's helping me or actually hurting me more. I try to stay with the positive stuff but even then I can sense more than I want.

Use the empathy for yourself and its very helpful.

Empaths use to focus on the outside and love to swim in the agony of others.

Look at yourself with the same empathy and love you have - then you learn how to love and help yourself and this spirit will help others.

But the key for people like us is to build up a strong core inside.

And regarding this board - there are lots of good inspiring posts - again: depends on what you want to feel and read.

Look at yourself with the same empathy and love you have - then you learn how to love and help yourself and this spirit will help others.

And regarding this board - there are lots of good inspiring posts - again: depends on what you want to feel and read.

I agree. I try to stay in the positive posts but the pain and suffering is everywhere here.

I wish I knew how to use the empathy for myself. I have spent my entire life trying to help others and be the strong one. Now that I am in this I don't know how to comfort myself. It's beyond impossible.

I agree. I try to stay in the positive posts but the pain and suffering is everywhere here.

I wish I knew how to use the empathy for myself. I have spent my entire life trying to help others and be the strong one. Now that I am in this I don't know how to comfort myself. It's beyond impossible.

I once made a topic here on the board about how tonlearn to

Love ourselves maybe you want to read it?

You would have to look in my older posts

I am too lazy..:.)

My first step was to learn to love

myself.

When we give all we have to others..

maybe we are just not brave enough

to love ourselves which is NOT good..

[aa...]

excellent advice especially for empaths who over do the helping of others and forget their own needs.

:smitten:

I once made a topic here on the board about how tonlearn to

Love ourselves maybe you want to read it?

You would have to look in my older posts

I am too lazy..:.)

My first step was to learn to love

myself.

When we give all we have to others..

maybe we are just not brave enough

to love ourselves which is NOT good..

I will look for it!!! Thanks!!

I am an empath too.  I'm trying to find the right balance between getting information on what is happening to me and freaking myself out with the pain of others on top of my own pain.  Thanks for bringing this subject up.

I am an empath too.  I'm trying to find the right balance between getting information on what is happening to me and freaking myself out with the pain of others on top of my own pain.  Thanks for bringing this subject up.

No problem.! You're welcome.  Feel free to pm me if you ever need to vent.  :smitten:

Can I join the club? :)

I don`t know, what you have to believe, but an empathy is often an angel on earth. You are not an ordinary angel with wings, but it's just a definition of empathy. The difficult thing about this, is that you are so extremely sensitive. This very difficult time, has made me so much stronger. But it is still tough.

I don`t know, what you have to believe, but an empathy is often an angel on earth. You are not an ordinary angel with wings, but it's just a definition of empathy. The difficult thing about this, is that you are so extremely sensitive. This very difficult time, has made me so much stronger. But it is still tough.

Absolutely you can join. You don't even need to ask.

You are spot on about the being sensitive part. I feel so fragile right now and I think right now the hardest part is figuring out how to take care of myself without feeling guilty. I just want to feel better and get back to living my life which has always been to make other people's lives better.

Does that make sense?  I have ZERO clue how to take care of myself.

Absolutely you can join. You don't even need to ask.

You are spot on about the being sensitive part. I feel so fragile right now and I think right now the hardest part is figuring out how to take care of myself without feeling guilty. I just want to feel better and get back to living my life which has always been to make other people's lives better.

Does that make sense?  I have ZERO clue how to take care of myself.

I was once told "be a bad girl" when I spoke about how guilty I felt.

That was the BEST ADVICE EVER.

People like us are feeling guilty all the time. Its ridiculous but its true! Normal people don't even think about it when they do themselves something good. Let me tell you: The only thing that will help you out of the withdrawal help is to care for yourself. But I don't think these words are the right ones for you and me. So "be a bad girl". You want ice cream? Eat 2!! You want to be alone? Tell your husband you go to church and instead sit in the park.

The more you feel guilty the more you are on the right way.

The brain will always blame you for trying new stuff especially when you were raised to serve and care for others. Thats scientific proven.

And the order "be a bad girl" always makes me smile when I am wondering "can I spent this money..just for ME?" or so..

...seems to me a lot of women have the same problem.. we are used to serve and everyone is happy while we are not loving ourselves very much and get guilty and weak.. like operha said "we teach the people how they treat us" - maybe I should write a new topic on that..

This is something I've often suggested others do during the withdrawal process and that is the following: put yourself first for now.

Stress will amp symptoms and make this more unpleasant.  For the sake of your family and yourself, put yourself first by alleviating stress in any way that you are able to manage it. 

You can go back to putting others first later...when you feel better.

"You are spot on about the being sensitive part." What does it mean? It gets strange at translation, that's why I'm wondering :)

Our sensitivity, has a tough job during this very difficult period. Sometimes, it just gets too much. By my faith, I think that everything may have an opinion. But I don`t understand what. Difficulties, can make people become more empathetic, and get an understanding of others' problems. But if you are already such a person, what should you learn? Perhaps patience? We usually always put ourselves in the end, and others may go before us. Is it perhaps a time, when we will take care of ourselves more?

I pray to God the Father, and wonder why it will be difficult for so long. After 28 months, I should have learned? All I know, is that I've become so much stronger as a person. Read, it's only 1/10 that can handle this without relapse. And that's a great strength to be among them. In a dark moment, I lose my faith, I give up. But I can`t do it, I have to cure. I pray, I will be strong, and get through this without complaining. But it`s not easy.

I also live alone, but get help shopping. Sometimes, this existence feels so difficult, and totally overwhelmed. It just must not happen anymore. I can`t go to the dentist, and it worries me. And I can`t go to the hospital, if anything happens. I'm trying to live in the moment, and believe in the best.

Is there anything that makes you calm, like praying or meditating? Do you get help, with the practical? Hug from Anna!

• 4 weeks later...
Another Empath in the house.  I’m so very sensitive and need positive input for my heart and mind.  The last therapist I was seeing had me take the Highly Sensitive Person year and I scored almost 100% HSP.  Not something I wish to have, this characteristic or ability.  But, we are very wide-ranged in emotion.  Sometimes I wonder how to get through this being so emotionally sensitive, by nature.  Glad to see there are others of you here.  Love and warm wishes to all of you ❤️ 

The last therapist I was seeing had me take the Highly Sensitive Person year and I scored almost 100% HSP. 

Welcome!!  Glad you signed in. What is the Highly Sensitive Person year?? And what is HSP?

I'm very curious and would love to know what I would scores on it.

Much love to you too!

The last therapist I was seeing had me take the Highly Sensitive Person year and I scored almost 100% HSP. 

Welcome!!  Glad you signed in. What is the Highly Sensitive Person year?? And what is HSP?

Much love to you too!

Oops that was a typo - it’s the Highly Sensitive Person test.  It’s based off of Dr. Elaine Aaron’s studies on the subject.

http://hsperson.com/test/highly-sensitive-test/

Much love to you too!

Oops that was a typo - it’s the Highly Sensitive Person test.  It’s based off of Dr. Elaine Aaron’s studies on the subject.

http://hsperson.com/test/highly-sensitive-test/

I got a 21. Interesting. Some if the questions were the same though, just worded differently.

I wonder if my therapist has a version of this. I am going to ask her Thursday. Thanks so much for the link!

You’re welcome, FakeIt ❤️

It will be interesting to see what your therapist has to say about this. 

I agree!  My Sister is coming in from out of town and is going to my Therapist appt. with me this week because we're supposed to talk about my "childhood".  (Can you hear me saying "yipppeee" in the back of my mind??).  Everyone has told me to write a book about surviving child abuse, etc. based on my childhood.  It was NOT fun in the least, but yet I feel it made me who I am today (and also added a LOT to my "empath" abilities, etc.  I was ALWAYS trying to making everyone around me happy and heal people's hurts, and worried about everyone else my entire life.  Now I am 52 and need help due to a crisis and I have ZERO knowledge of how to help myself for crying out loud.  It's a scary place to be.  I just want to be healed/better so I can go back to focusing on everyone else and doing everything I can to help others.  I do NOT like being the one who needs help/support.  It makes me feel weak and broken. 

Sorry for the rant . . . but yes, I am very curious to see what my therapist says about it and if she has a test (and then subsequent help) for being how I am. 

Love and healing to you! 

I agree!  My Sister is coming in from out of town and is going to my Therapist appt. with me this week because we're supposed to talk about my "childhood".  (Can you hear me saying "yipppeee" in the back of my mind??).  Everyone has told me to write a book about surviving child abuse, etc. based on my childhood.  It was NOT fun in the least, but yet I feel it made me who I am today (and also added a LOT to my "empath" abilities, etc.  I was ALWAYS trying to making everyone around me happy and heal people's hurts, and worried about everyone else my entire life.  Now I am 52 and need help due to a crisis and I have ZERO knowledge of how to help myself for crying out loud.  It's a scary place to be.  I just want to be healed/better so I can go back to focusing on everyone else and doing everything I can to help others.  I do NOT like being the one who needs help/support.  It makes me feel weak and broken. 

Sorry for the rant . . . but yes, I am very curious to see what my therapist says about it and if she has a test (and then subsequent help) for being how I am. 

Love and healing to you!

I’m sorry about your childhood trauma.  So much of what you wrote could have been me writing it!  I empathize with you about not being at all comfortable being the one that needs help.  And helping others, always making sure everyone else is happy.  Same.  And I also believe a lot of the being highly sensitive comes from childhood and it being a way we needed to cope with what was going on.  Like we gained a pervasive awareness about everything and everyone.  Down to minute details. 

Glad your sister is going with you to your appt.  Hoping talking about your childhood helps you!  Takes a lot of courage.  Cheering you on🌟

• 2 weeks later...

Fellow empath checking in, I feel the weight of the world so deeply and at first my husband laughed at first when I told him I was an empath but now he gets it. Even before Benzos, certain events would just destroy me, I remember the Sandy Hook shooting, and reading the news and just sobbing uncontrollably because I could feel the pain the parents felt, after the movie theater shooting I did the same thing, any news event I become almost obsessive about reading everything that happened because I want to learn how to help as best as I can. I realize I can't fix the problems of the world but I feel such an obligation to.

Even in this horrific current wave I'm in I've been calling my local representatives and helping inform others about midterm elections and petitioning for legal representation for the children ripped from their parents arms at the border, it's all too much. The pain of the world, the suffering, the people on this board who are hurting to badly. I just wish I could wrap the world in a giant hug and keep everybody safe

Fellow empath checking in, I feel the weight of the world so deeply and at first my husband laughed at first when I told him I was an empath but now he gets it. Even before Benzos, certain events would just destroy me, I remember the Sandy Hook shooting, and reading the news and just sobbing uncontrollably because I could feel the pain the parents felt, after the movie theater shooting I did the same thing, any news event I become almost obsessive about reading everything that happened because I want to learn how to help as best as I can. I realize I can't fix the problems of the world but I feel such an obligation to.

Even in this horrific current wave I'm in I've been calling my local representatives and helping inform others about midterm elections and petitioning for legal representation for the children ripped from their parents arms at the border, it's all too much. The pain of the world, the suffering, the people on this board who are hurting to badly. I just wish I could wrap the world in a giant hug and keep everybody safe

Amen!

• 3 weeks later...

Fellow Empath here!

Benzo withdrawal has been tough. I've been way more sensitive than ever before. Benzos also mess with my inner compass so to speak.

Fellow Empath here!

Benzo withdrawal has been tough. I've been way more sensitive than ever before. Benzos also mess with my inner compass so to speak.

I’m right there with you.  All of you. 

• 1 month later...
Sometimes I feel like the very earth beneath my feet is weeping from all of the pain in the world, sometimes it manifests as invisible clouds looming over the horizon. It is always offset by the advantages, helping others through my increased emotional awareness is so rewarding, I try to be as non intrusive as possible when I do.