I can't believe I'm free

[Pa...]

I've just read "don't wait for the right time, it doesn't exist". I believe that with our nightmare it does, everything happens when we are ready and we have understood that the time has come to be on the other side. I could never have done what I did without all of you. Many years ago I began my road to a benzo free life reading in Benzo Island and Benzoforum, but I've finally get determined reading all your experiences, your insights, your knowledge. I mostly read because English is not my mother tongue, I live in Argentina, I speak spanish, so it's not easy to write. I have to thank the oldtimers, the administrators and many of you that have gone through and suffer this road before me and healed. I don't want to leave anybody behind, but I want to thank specially Nightwatch that was on the same poison as I was, I miss his words I hope he comes back eventually, Morreweg, Magrita, Challis99, spartacus, roughride, Aft35 and Translator 100, they don't know me but I've read a lot of their suffering and I think if they have healed or are healing I will eventually heal. So after 23 years I've quit my job (as I've been working there for 32 years they have give me a permit to heal and return when I'm ok) and I've been 3 days benzo free. It's nothing but it's a lot for starters. So far I've been very tired, tinnitus, dizziness, headaches, body pains, but I've promised myself not to touch a benzo again except if I have a seizure, in which case I've asked my family to be treated with other medication. Thank you for all you help and I pray that each one of you heal and beat this monster!

PatriArgentina: Now at last you're here, a very big step! It's great that you have knowledge of this, then it's easier to understand the symptoms. BB has been my great support, everyone understands and knows how you feel. Fight on, and I hope with all my heart, that everything will be fine! :)

Well done PatriArgentina,

Keep reading BB's and asking questions or for help if you need it, we have all been where you are and fully understand.

2trusting

Thank you FakeItTilYouMakeIt, Anna! (translator 100), Grapejuice, and 2trusting for your kind words, I really appreciate every single person in this community, their fights, their successes, I pray for everyone that are fighting to get their health and life back. I'm struggling mostly with head pressure, insomnia, tinnitus, tiredness but I'm on my path to recover from this monster, one day, one hour at a time. I try to eat healthy and walk a little in a park near my place, that's all so far, I have the help of my family and friends that understand what I'm going through, that's a lot! I wish a happy mother's day for those celebrating today!

Love & peace for everybody! Patricia

Thank you Patri for your kind words, I blush! I am very interested in the spiritual, so I became very happy for what you wrote! If you're wondering something, just ask. Hug! :)

• 3 weeks later...
:smitten: :smitten: you did it! You are on the other side now and the sun is shining. There may be a few bumps in the road but you have done all of the heavy lifting. Trust in God, and know that you are strong. You are determined. You are amazing.

Thank you Joyatlast51 for your words they mean a lot to me! I've found so many good people here going through this suffering that amazes me that even with what they are going through they are helping each other, more than the doctors! I'm having mutating bumps every day but so happy, yesterday I went to the supermarket and found the lights in the streets different, it's amazing to see the world with different eyes. I know I have a long way to go yet but everyday is further away, the way we have to follow.

:smitten:

Hi PatriArgentina, glad to see you keep pushing.

FYI your ticker at the bottom of the page is still saying 23 days and it must be at least a month by now.

2trusting

Hola Patri de Argentina:

Soy de Lima Peru, pero vivo en US desde hace mucho tiempo. Felicitaciones por dejar el veneno mas horrible del mundo! Deseo que te sanes bien, toma tiempo; cualquier cosa me puedes enviar un mensaje persona.

Un abrazo,

Hi 2trusting thank you for your kind message! The ticker is correct I'm 25 days benzo free (I check it every day!!!) time passes so slowly when you are recovering from this monster :D

Hola Solyluna que bueno encontrar gente que hable tu idioma, adoro el ingles pero con benzo brain es dificil escribir, espero que estes bien! Luego te mando un PM besos Patricia.

My mistake on the ticker as I thought your first post was at 3 weeks.

You are doing great for less than a month off.

2trusting

Thank you 2trusting I hope to keep on improving, I still have some issues, the main one tinnitus, it's driving me crazy, I think you still have it too. Insomnia, muscle soreness, headaches are still with me but I'm taking one day at a time. I wish healing to all the kind souls I've found in this ordeal. Patricia.

• 9 months later...
I know this was posted long ago, but I just found this post and I wanted to tell you how incredibly happy it made me that something I said, somewhere, someday, was able to help you. You are amazingly resourceful, and your ability to communicate in at least two languages is admirable. Congratulations on your hard-won freedom, and stick with us here at BenzoBuddies - we have a wonderfully supportive community for this most difficult task. With gratitude, Aft  :smitten:

Thank you Aft for your kind message, in this community every word we write can mean the world to somebody else, that's the greatness of this board. It meant a lot to me, I found the way to freedom after a long time of suffering and hurting myself, the horrible benzo trap. We are helping a lot of people with our testimony. Even though I still have a ways to go, I'm feeling so much better!  :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Congratulations on your continued success! keep going you can do this. I'm 8 months out from Benzo's for 7yrs & Antidepressants for 11 yrs & I feel like I've turned a corner for the good! Everyday gets better, I still have some issues mainly physical but I believe I will keep improving.  Good Luck in your Journey!