100-day tapers

[...]

I'm finally down to 1 mg. Klon from 3 mgs. last fall.  I've been dry cutting, but it's been hell and I think I need to move to water titration from now on.  I'm thinking about the 100-day taper that Colin (and others?) creates for benzo buddies who request a schedule.  I know the idea is to reduce at a rate for our brains to heal.  I wonder, though, where the 100-day idea comes from.  Do we think that 100 days (1 ml./day from 100 mls.) is the amount of time it takes for our GABA sites to recover?  My math is terrible right now---benzo brain.  1 ml./day from 100 mls. is the equivalent of 14% every 2 weeks, right?  Do most people do ok at that rate?  It seems high.  I guess I could cut every two days and that would be 7% every two weeks?

I may be requesting a schedule soon.  Thanks.  ~~mbr

MBR,

I don't have the answers to all of your questions.....I am sure more people will weigh in....but I have seen alot of people do well with the 100 day taper...Lost in Brooklyn was able to come off of 2mg of Klonopin using that strategy and did really well post taper...

I have taken the 1ml every other day route and my symptoms while annoying...have been pretty minimal.....aside from the insomnia that hit me at .28mg......I think the key is to find a rate that works for you..and make sure you plan is flexible.....

I believe our bodies can heal quite a bit via a slower taper...and then cut down our healing time post taper.....

Let us know if you need a formal schedule....but I do like your 100 day plan.....or any variation of that.....that is slower than 100 days... :)

TC

I use the 100ml cylinder but my goal is just 20% each month, I am sure 25% each month is doable  but I rather go slow and 30% each month seems too rapid IMO.

I use the 100ml cylinder but my goal is just 20% each month, I am sure 25% each month is doable  but I rather go slow and 30% each month seems too rapid IMO.

Sundazed,

I have found that a slower taper has worked better for me as well...I probably remove about .12 or .13 mg a month...give or take .01 mg.....and it has worked alot better than my first attempt...of .10mg a week.. :o

TC :)