Jim Hawk More Help Please

[Hu...]

Hi Jim Hawk,

Thank you for your help :smitten: can you also please help me with the following.

I need to know what percentage my decrease has been so far for my doctor. Can you please help me with this?

Prior to starting my taper I was taking .5mg in the morning and my night dose was 3/4 plus 1/8th of a .5mg tablet. 

Today is the 13th day of my taper and I have reduced my morning dose to 4.76mls and my night dose to 3.75 mls.

As I mentioned before my doctor does not want me to reduce my night dose any further until my morning dose is down to 3.75mls and then I will spread the daily reduction over the 2 doses.

I need to provide my doctor with the percentage that I have decreased since starting my taper and have no idea how to calculate this with the cognitive issues that I am having. I would greatly appreciate any help you can provide. 

Thank you for all you do to help all of us!!

Hummingbird

Hi Hummingbird9 :smitten:

Today is the 13th day of my taper and I have reduced my morning dose to 4.76mls

From the following report, it appears that you have been reducing the morning dose .5 mg with a rate of 5% every 14 days.

Fixed quantity reduction or fixed Percent reduction? At these first days there is no difference between the two. To arrive to the dose of 0.375 mg the fixed Percent reduction requires 79 days while it is 70 days for fixed quantity reduction but the difference in dose is low and can only be seen towards the very end.

jprWiH2.png

3ffSMqW.png

:hug:

Hi Jim Hawk,

Thank you again for your help and support. I posted a new message for you in this forum as I need help with determining how much I have reduced so far since starting my taper.  This is the overall percent that I have decreased from my starting dose. If you have time to help me this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for all you do!

Hummingbird

Hi Hummingbird9  :smitten:

Please take the time to read my previous message in this same thread that was intended to precisely answer your question. I do not have other answer.

:hug:

I read your response and I don't think I asked my question correctly.

What I need to know is since starting the taper, how much is the total decrease that I have made. See below for example. I really appreciate your help with this

The dose that I was taking prior to starting my taper was

.5mg tablet in the morning and my night dose was 3/4 of a .5mg tablet plus 1/8th of a .5mg tablet. 

Below is the dose that I took today

My morning dose was 4.76mls and my night dose was 3.75 mls.  I do not know many milligrams this would be.

The answer I need is:

Since starting my taper I have made a total decrease of  _____ percent.

For example using artificial numbers my starting total daily dose was 100mg and and I am now taking a total daily dose of 50mg. My total decrease would be 50%.

Hi Hummingbird9,

You have reduced: .024 mg (=.5 - . 476) over a total of .875 mg (= .5 + .375) . That corresponds to: 2.74 % (=.024 / .875 * 100) of the total daily dose.

So: "Since starting my taper I have made a total decrease of 2.74 percent."

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Hi Jim Hawk,

Thank you for your help :smitten: can you also please help me with the following.

I need to know what percentage my decrease has been so far for my doctor. Can you please help me with this?

Prior to starting my taper I was taking .5mg in the morning and my night dose was 3/4 plus 1/8th of a .5mg tablet. 

Today is the 13th day of my taper and I have reduced my morning dose to 4.76mls and my night dose to 3.75 mls.

As I mentioned before my doctor does not want me to reduce my night dose any further until my morning dose is down to 3.75mls and then I will spread the daily reduction over the 2 doses.

I need to provide my doctor with the percentage that I have decreased since starting my taper and have no idea how to calculate this with the cognitive issues that I am having. I would greatly appreciate any help you can provide. 

Thank you for all you do to help all of us!!

Hummingbird

Hi hummingbird, I’m sorry I don’t have answers for you, but questions about your liquid clonazapam. So you have compounded liquid clonazapam?

Is it compounded with ora sweet & ora plus?

Does yours have to stay refrigerated?

What is it’s shelflife?

Are you taking all liquid & no tablets?

Did you ever feel like the liquid didn’t have as strong of an effect as your tablets?

I got a compounded liquid clonazapam & my first try it felt like I didn’t take anything.

Have you had any withdrawal symptoms since starting your liquid taper?

If you could help that would be great but I realize your struggling too. Thanks! Good luck😊

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have been away from the board and just read and responded to your other post. To answer your other questions, my suspension does require refrigeration and I am not taking tablets only liquid to ensure that my dose and reduction are accurate.

In regards to symptoms, I have had some anxiety and have felt like I was on the verge of a panic attack a few times, blurred vision but the worst has been the burning skin sensation on my back.

Otherwise the taper is going well and my Dr is pleased with my reduction.

Let me know if you have further questions after reading your other post.

Hi I have been away from the board and just read and responded to your other post. To answer your other questions, my suspension does require refrigeration and I am not taking tablets only liquid to ensure that my dose and reduction are accurate.

In regards to symptoms, I have had some anxiety and have felt like I was on the verge of a panic attack a few times, blurred vision but the worst has been the burning skin sensation on my back.

Otherwise the taper is going well and my Dr is pleased with my reduction.

Let me know if you have further questions after reading your other post.

Thank you

What concentration is your liquid?

Are you dlmt? At what percentage rate reduction?

It is .1 mg/ml. And yes I am doing a daily micro taper. I am currently tapering at 5% over a 14 day period. I will increase thie % as long as my symptoms are tolerabl. Low, slow and symptom based.