Ketamine infusion in a clinic.

[jo...]

Hi!

I'm allmost in my 2 year mark without benzos.

But I have early morning awakenings everyday. I sleep 4h or 5h the most. This leaves me really impaired and disfunctional. I'm happy for the peole can live with this amount of sleep, but it's not my case.

I was following the forum consensus, to be patient, and wait the problem to resolve, but my problem doesn't lift a bit.

I have no life, I cannot socialize (due the anxiety that provokes me just 4 hours of sleep), the most basic things in life, like beaurocracy, go to the supermarket, etc... are not an option for me. I'M REALLY IMPAIRED, and I'm just 32 years old.

Next month I'll be attending a Ketamine specialized clinic, for recieve infusions during 6 days.

Why? I read a technical paper about the mechanism, and the bennefits, and how targets the circadian rythms.

My plan it's to work on what it's destroying my quality of life: early morning awakenings.

I bought a luminotherapy lamp, for try to nudge my circadian rythm.

Ketamine infusions+ luminotherapy to attack the core of my circadian rythm mess.

I cannot live like how I'm living now. I ve been so isolated these last two years.

Wish me luck, if not....my last resort will be taking benzos again. I need a live.

Joan

I am sorry you are suffering so much. I suffer from brutal insomnia also. I have been like this for the last three years. I am not on any Rx drugs or z-drugs, but I am hooked on Seriphos due to high cortisol levels. If I don't take it at night with 1mg melatonin I won't sleep. I get at the most 4 broken hours. It is hell. I am surprised I am functioning, but worry for how much long? I don't know the consequences of long term use of Seriphos either. I am scared also.  My new integrative functional medicine doc feels that my issue is not withdrawal, but circadian; so she wants me to start working on resetting it by doing some sleep restriction techniques. I will try and see how it goes. Wish you good luck with the treatment and keep us posted.

• 3 weeks later...
i want to say ive always had those broken nights where i get 5-6 hours and wake up, then i gotta put myself back to sleep again. i think it started in my mid 20s like 26-27. im 38 now. ive had this problem my whole life even before i went on benzos. It was a lot worse when i was on benzos, id wake up every 2 or 3 hours and have to take a klonpin just to go back to sleep. that was hell and what prompted me to throw that crap away. i wish everyday i can sleep 7 or 8 hours through. I do get the occasional night where i can sleep 7 but those are so very rare... i understand your frustration with this. be careful with the ketamine, because its just another substance imo. if i don't sleep at least 7 or 8 hours i feel fatigued and like dog crap the whole day!  but i guess i'll take it over not complete insomnia where i can't fall asleep for hours. that's the worst!

Joan....

I am right there with you. I get it. Quality versus quantity. And everyone else trying to help by saying just hang in there, time will heal. Accept not sleeping. It just doesn’t seem to work that way with Ativan users.

Ativan, Ativan, Ativan...insomnia and Ativan go hand in hand. I wish I had been on any Benzo but Ativan.

It just seems so obvious to me that there is a relationship between Ativan users and insomnia.

Ive never heard of ketamine being used for sleep...its pretty cutting edge for even things like depression and hard to get here.  What kind of doctors are running these ketamine clinics?  Interested!

[e1...]

I take a CBD sleep tincture that has saved my life. I can't believe how well it works. Knocks me out cold.

I also do ketamine therapy weekly via nasal spray for complex PTSD, depression, etc and it's amazing. I haven't had access to the infusions but I think it could be very helpful for you. Good luck :smitten:

I am sorry you are suffering so much. I truly hope the infusion will work and find some relief.

Espero tot si millori  :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

Man your 2 years off and still have problems? I was on Ativan alittle over 2 years total and Im 6 months off my secont time going back to it

I would have thought 2 years would be enough actually I figured a year off youd be better

• 5 months later...

I would like to hear if this worked.

Insomnia/ circadian rhythm my huge problem......... why I was put on benzos to begin with.  It seems I can't take anything to help and I am terribly depressed and hope to hear this worked for you.

??

I've been suffering 2 years and not off valium yet, even (from Klon) after mirtazapine set this all off in 6 wks.

Am kind of desperate ;(  Hope yu have found relief...

People. Please listen to me. When yopu stop taking benzos, you can almost expect insomnia trouble. This  is all quite normal. opour BRAION has been affected by benzos, and only TIME will heal it.

Experimenting with serious drugs like ketamine are HORRIBLY dangerous for you! All yopu are doing is continuing the pattern and habit of resorting to drugs when your brain doesn't behave as you think it should. Please do not fall into this horrible trap!

Healing from benzos takes time, and for some of us, a long time. You WILL NOT DIE FROM LACK OF SLEEP!!!!!!  Your body and brain come fully equipped to deal with even severe insomnia. Prisoners of war are often deliberately kept from sleeping, as a form of torture. But seldom do POW's die from lack of sleep. Why?????

Because the human brain adjusts and does something called "micro sleeps." A few seconds or maybe a minute when your brain blanks out. You may not even be aware of these moment but they DO keep you alive despite lack of normal sleep.

Please do not fall into that trap of assuming some drug will help you. NO drug will, oit will only further ypur misery. Doing this will only hurt you.

east

Eastcoast my sleep problem, very extreme, was prior to taking benzos.

I'm sure some is genetic, certainly the CRD.

My case is different from the sleep deprivation caused by not taking benzos, often in people who had no sleep issues prior.

Has been lifelone problem for me.  If ketamine would fix it I would take it.

Ketamine, sold under the brand name Ketalar among others, is a medication mainly used for starting and maintaining anesthesia. It induces a trance-like state while providing pain relief, sedation, and memory loss. Other uses include for chronic pain and for sedation in intensive care.

This sounds similar to what Michael Jackson did.  You wouldn't want to end up like him would you?

Looks like scary stuff to me?

We often worry about lying awake in the middle of the night - but it could be good for you. A growing body of evidence from both science and history suggests that the eight-hour sleep may be unnatural.