Buspar withdrawal? Wth

[Ye...]

Has anyone experienced buspar withdrawal? I was on 30mg split over 3 times a day, 8ish hours apart. My Dr recently changed how I take this medicine. Before I took it with food, which inhances it's bioavailability. Now I don't and I'm starting to get exptreme panic attacks at 5am. I cut my night dosage my 5mg.

That's one reason I refused to start it. I didn't want a drug I was going to have to wean off of. It's not a cure for anxiety. It's a mask for it. Remove it and the anxiety comes back, sometimes worse because now you have the original anxiety AND your body got accustomed to the medicine masking it.

Same idea as a Benzo.

You have to deal with whatever issue is causing the anxiety before you try to wean off of it.

I have used Buspar to twice.

Each time, it was for only about a week.  It was just to get my withdrawal symptoms tolerable after a cut in my benzo.  Each time I stopped the Buspar with no problem.

I will say, I only need very little Buspar to help reduce my benzo withdrawal.  Like 4 mg in the morning each day for a week.  Within 30 minutes of taking the Buspar I get a pleasant feeling.  It lets me continue my taper off the Klonopin. 

At least so far so good.