Brain fog?? DP/DR?

[Ra...]

Dear friends,

I’m tapering Ativan and I’m at .21 mg right now.

Last year I was at 1.5 mg that’s equivalent to 15 mg of

diazepam.  Does anyone experienced BRAIN FOG is that a symptom of

DP/DR ? Maybe I’m tapering to fast? It’s tsken me 13 months

to get from 1.5 mg to where I’m today .21 mg.

I just don’t know what to do right now ??

Should I just hold or continue slowly maybe it will lift.

Maybe by me holding I’m going to keep having this BRAIN FOG

SPACED OUT FEELING??

Or I should push through?? I’m so confused !!

I hope to hear from someone:))

Thank you so much for reading.

I’m staying strong !

Hi Rayban3025,

This 'foggy brain" symptom is well known.

xnTMYIG.png

I happened to read from most of benzo users about this typical symptom which is part of the several withdrawal symptoms. For myself it was particularly strong towards the end of the taper and my family thought I started to show Alzheimer signs. But we do recover from it. Actually I have been able to come back to do (for computer) programming about 5 months after the last dose.

You are tapering slow enough. The end is near. Let's get rid of the last benzo dust and give your CNS the possibility to fight its way to be normal again in absence of benzo. Those symptoms together with others will then fade away.

Good luck!

Thank you for your fast reply:)

OMG I had that thought that since I am towards the end of my taper I am thinking that I am having signs of Alsheimers.

Hi!!

Do you think that at 0.2075 is perhaps benzo dust ? Or no?

I’m drinking 83 ml from 200 ml of water.

.5/200 = 0.0025 mg REDUCTION

S 83 x 0.0025 is 0.2075 mg my today’s dose.

I can’t mess up this taper .

I was reading something about acute and protracted

Withdrawal symptoms. I hope that I wont get them.

Thank you for talking to me about my taoering.

Hi Rayban3025,

Many people went thru the same situations as you, me and other buddies did and came out healed. Many were continuously worried with questions: what happened if I made a mistake and take .0001 mg less? What happened if the seizure I read for buddie X will eventually happen to me? What happened to my daily dose should I need to go under surgery following a possible accident? Minds seem to be permanently busy racing and projecting catastrophic scenarios... Others just accept whatever might arrive and surrender. Whatever symptoms occur are taken as signs that our body is really fighting its way to be free again. This state of mind does help in raising the life quality. I'd distract myself and think about my dose only when it is the time to take it, like with a cup of tea. For the rest of the time, I'd possibly try to let life quietly flow amid symptoms that might come and go.

All the best!