Study, Jun/18: GP perceptions of benzos, Z-drugs & opioids for elderly...

[La...]

You're welcome, Fiona. As I read these studies -- many on the same topic but in a different country -- I wonder why nothing is done. The recommendations are the same, i.e. to reduce benzo prescriptions to the elderly, but time and again, doctors seem to override the known indications and continue to prescribe them for long periods of time. I don't understand why it's okay with them to do so and why they are not reprimanded.

It sounds to me as if the doctors are maybe talking to nurses over the phone for the IC. I think this happens a lot in convalescent hospitals. I think some doctors tend to visit patients less there. It seems they rely on what nurses are telling them. Maybe I'm wrong. I sure wish I'd paid more attention at the convalescent hospital I was working at!

I also noted that the study took place 10 years ago, so one has to wonder what, if anything, has changed since that time. Ten years is a fair amount of time.

Oh, I didn't notice that, Lapis. I'm really wondering if ANYTHING has changed. I would definitely try to stay away from one of those places.

Me too, Terry! We can just get a house with lots of rooms and a central kitchen/living room area, and then hire some help, as needed. Sound like a plan?!