Healing slow but happening

[wh...]

Hello everyone This is my sixth month of benzo free life .I was a short term user .

Let me tell you that from my experience that everyones  healing is different .If you are a very sensitive person chances are healing will take a longer time ,

I am no way close to 100% healed but definitely way better than early withdrawal .My sleep is way better .Interestingly during initial acute withdrawal I was battling with only insomnia but once insomnia started improving than anxiety took over. It seems that in benzo withdrawal there are multiple mental issues that are dormant in a healthy brain but once benzo messes up the brain chemistry,it opens up to flood of emotional disturbances which we never experienced before

In Benzo withdrawal we are all almost at the edge of insanity .Nobody can understand us It is forums like BB that becomes our crutch .

Short term users are the worst sufferers . Nobody understands them The doctor think that what they suffer is absurd as short term usage of benzo hardly has any impact .

They themselves start having self doubts whether what they feel is withdrawal or some mental problem

Though I have a long way to go but I am optimistic .Only time will heal and end this

nightmare . Somebody on BB forum rightly pointed out - Everyones reaction to benzo withdrawal depends on what point of withdrawal they are .Someone like me at sixth month of wd will not panic if I have a sleepless night as I know I will be OK ,But the same me at early stage of withdrawal will go crazy if I suffer from a sleepless night No amount of assurance will pacify me that it is only withdrawal .So all of you who are going through early and acute withdrawal please understand that you will be fine . You will eventually make through this nightmare

“Short term users are the worst sufferers.”

Wild statement for somebody who has been around here for awhile. Glad to hear you’re feel better but in Benzo WD there’s many people suffering who would take offense to that. I know I do.

Sorry if you got offended .My intention was not to offend anybody .My GP said it is not possible for you to have these symptoms as it is not possible to have these kind of symptoms after just three month usage .My gastroenterologist was not even ready to hear my full story when I said I want to postpone my endoscopy .He said your withdrawal should have been long over by now . My husband though was cooperative but I could sense a doubt in his mind when I used to cribb that my insomnia was side effect of Benzo .

Hello White Swan:

I am glad you are feeling better. How about those hypnic jerks? Mine are fading after almost six months jump. I don't consider myself a short term user; but what is mind boggling for me also is that in spite of doing an eleven month DLMT I was hit hard with withdrawal symptoms being insomnia the most brutal. Right now only Seriphos and 1mg melatonin are helping get some snooze. I am reluctant to add any Rx drugs and my pdoc agrees with that. So I will continue pushing through and I wish you the same.

Thanks for the good wishes Solyluna .The hypnic jerks have faded but only problem is I am unable to go and sleep in the bedroom. I still sleep in the living room on my couch . I have decided to change my house by end of this year .The bedroom revives my old memories of acute withdrawal ,When I move into new house I will then attempt to recreate my pre benzo envoirnment. Till then I am not going to cribb about sleeping on the couch .I feel a sense of security on it .

From your posts I feel you are feeling better too . Do keep us updated with your progress

Glad that you are noticing your healing...I remember having to look waaaay back over the months to see progress, so this is a great sign! 

Congrats ...you can look forward to many months of little improvements ahead!

Challis  :smitten:

White Swan: The fear, of their own bedroom, is really a weird symptom. I have slept on the couch for 28 months. It has also been my security zone. My couch was brand new, but now it's not beautiful!  I also had very bad memories from the bedroom. What scared me, was that there was only one exit, if something nasty was standing in the doorway. But on the couch, I had control over everything.

But for the last 4 nights, I have slept in the bedroom! It's a wonderful feeling, and so nice compared to the sofa. I hope, you can also move back soon, and feel comfortable sleeping in the bedroom! :)

Wow Translator This is really good news . If you have finally moved to the bedroom and slept fine it means you are close to healing .Thanks for giving me hope You are truly a fighter

Thanks for the good wishes Solyluna .The hypnic jerks have faded but only problem is I am unable to go and sleep in the bedroom. I still sleep in the living room on my couch . I have decided to change my house by end of this year .The bedroom revives my old memories of acute withdrawal ,When I move into new house I will then attempt to recreate my pre benzo envoirnment. Till then I am not going to cribb about sleeping on the couch .I feel a sense of security on it .

From your posts I feel you are feeling better too . Do keep us updated with your progress

I went through this too! What helped me was reorganizing/cleaning my area and nightstand and buying a new blanket. I even bought myself a little Teddy Bear to sleep with called "Mr. Sleepy Bear". (Nuts, I know). Lol.

I also bought a new CD player to out in my nightstand and a new pillow.

All the changes (especially the new blanket and pillow) made the space seem new and comforting. I also use lavender fabric softener for my blanket and sheets.  I hope you are back to your own bed soon.

Hi, I am a short-term user like you and I usually don't tell doctors what I've been through and am still going through. To my PCP, I just said that I had a "bad reaction" to Klonopin. They just shrug and move on. Hope you don't get too discouraged by the doctors. They get very little training in Benzos.