Valium question to jump at 0.5 or lower

[Br...]

I have had a plan to get to 0.5 mg valium and then to jump. I'm wondering now whether there is any value in tapering below 0.5 mg like for example to 0.25 mg and whether that may make the transition off any easier? Or will it not make any real difference?  It just occurred to me that I am spending the whole of May reducing from 0.85 to 0.6 mg so that's a reduction of 0.25mg over a month. Then in late June if I stick to schedule I will jump at 0.5mg. Which just got me thinking about this all. Maybe I should just see how I feel when I actually get to 0.5mg !! ?

There really is no therapeutic/pharmacological effect below 1mg, so there is no benefit to continuing to take it below .5mg

I jumped at .5, with zero residual sxs, and in retrospect, feel pretty sure I could have just as easily jumped at 1mg.

Thanks for the feedback. This confirms what I had thought may be the case. So 0.5mg is what it will be for me !!

PS: I have the BB site and posts on this forum to thank for the liquid titration route which has so far worked for me.

For me it was important to have no doubt in my mind that a do-over would be worth it. It is possible you will have some stronger symptoms for a while after jumping. If you think that might tempt you in the slightest to reinstate and taper lower, then taper lower now. If not- go for it. Although making the final decision at the time is probably for the best.

JKS

I have had a plan to get to 0.5 mg valium and then to jump. I'm wondering now whether there is any value in tapering below 0.5 mg like for example to 0.25 mg and whether that may make the transition off any easier? Or will it not make any real difference?  It just occurred to me that I am spending the whole of May reducing from 0.85 to 0.6 mg so that's a reduction of 0.25mg over a month. Then in late June if I stick to schedule I will jump at 0.5mg. Which just got me thinking about this all. Maybe I should just see how I feel when I actually get to 0.5mg !! ?

Excellent decision  :D...but my vote, if I had 1, would be .25

So, Builder..just looking at your taper. You held longer than "usual" before you jumped?

" 3 week hold for travel"

For me it was important to have no doubt in my mind that a do-over would be worth it. It is possible you will have some stronger symptoms for a while after jumping. If you think that might tempt you in the slightest to reinstate and taper lower, then taper lower now. If not- go for it. Although making the final decision at the time is probably for the best.

JKS

I take your point and I realise that I probably will feel stronger symptoms after jumping. I see there is a whole board on BB for post withdrawal support - so I need to take this all into account. I'll see how I feel and where I am at in June. I really don't want to find myself in a place where I feel I need to reinstate.