Valium Taper progress report

[Sa...]

Started my taper 2 weeks ago.

Week 1:  2mg am  1/2 pm  did not notice any difference

Week 2:  2mg am  1/2 pm  a bit of nausea, gastro problems and Irritabilty!

Week 3: Starting another cut this morning (5/6/18) 3/4 am 1/2 pm will hold for 2 weeks.

I am so thankful I found this forum, and would like to thank all that has commented on my posts this far.

I know I still have a ways to go, but reading some of the posts and knowing what to expect lets me know I am not alone.

I will update this post in a week.

Hope everyone is doing well  :smitten:

Do well Sadoneme.  :smitten:

Dee

Thanks Dee,

Hope all is well with you. I'm taking it day by day.

Some of the stuff I read about w/d is very scary and freaks me out. I also tend to believe that things that happen to others will also happen to me.

I also feel like I'm damned if I do and damned I don't!

The one thing I know is I really need off of the benzos, because imo they are doing more harm than good.

I want to thank you for always responding to my posts.

It's good to know that someone really understands  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Same, same, Sadoneme.  Damned if I do and damned if I don't, just feel like jumping as have some half baked idea that it is the taking of them that is keeping me stuck. 

I slap myself around the face  :) and determine that I'm going to continue with taper as planned as do not want to get hit in the head 1-2 weeks down the track. 

It freaks me out too, this would freak anyone out but try to remind myself, keep somehow positive, and know that we are all different and will not necessarily experience the symptoms of others. 

Hang in there Sadoneme, you are definitely not alone. 

Dee

Following - Sadoneme and Dee, I've been thinking of you two during your V tapers. I hope you will feel well again soon.  :smitten: I want off this stuff so badly, but I keep reminding myself to be patient and safe, eyes forward...

Gwinna

Following - Sadoneme and Dee, I've been thinking of you two during your V tapers. I hope you will feel well again soon.  :smitten: I want off this stuff so badly, but I keep reminding myself to be patient and safe, eyes forward...

Gwinna

Thank you Gwinna,

It's scary because I keep anticipating  all the bad stuff that can happen during the taper and then I also start thinking why I was given the meds in the first place.

I am now 3 weeks in and as of now I think I'm doing ok. No major w/d sx.

I keep telling myself in 2016 my dr dropped me from 10 mgs a day to 4 mgs a day which was a 6 mg drop and I really did'n notice a difference.

Maybe it was delayed for 2 years, don't know, but what I do know is I really want to be done.

Hang in there!!! We will make it.  :smitten: :smitten:

Same, same, Sadoneme.  Damned if I do and damned if I don't, just feel like jumping as have some half baked idea that it is the taking of them that is keeping me stuck. 

I slap myself around the face  :) and determine that I'm going to continue with taper as planned as do not want to get hit in the head 1-2 weeks down the track. 

It freaks me out too, this would freak anyone out but try to remind myself, keep somehow positive, and know that we are all different and will not necessarily experience the symptoms of others. 

Hang in there Sadoneme, you are definitely not alone. 

Dee

Hi Dee,

wishing you the best and hope you feel better soon!

Hang in there all we can do is take it one day at a time  :smitten: :smitten: