Advice on a taper plan

[Ma...]

I have been on 3.75 mg of clorazapate for 22 years.

My doctor sent me home to cut out the morning half of the pill. I cut out just a quarter, and went through some rough physical withdrawals.

I didn't know what I was doing ,but was glad I didn't take her suggestion of cutting half the dose.

I found I was in it then.

So still winging it..I thought I could break the pill into three equal quarters and in two weeks drop the middle pill.

Then I found that I could not do that ..Its too much of a cut.

So..I started cutting the middle pill down . First by .006... Then read more and got more afraid.

I just cut another .001 making it .007 off the middle pill.

What I would like to know.. Is , it possible to go ahead and cut the .007 off whole pm half  , keep these two quarters together in stead of taking one quarter at 9pm and the other around 2am.

And then just spread the dose farther and farther apart.. Leaving my 1pm dose of 1/4 as it is for now....And get off it that way.

Or should I cut more out of the middle pill eliminating it all together first.?

I have no help from my doctor.. Who actually tried to ship me off to someone else after she made this huge blunder of telling me to just go home and drop half the dose.

What kind of tapering schedule would be safest?

I was also put on this by a doctor 22 years ago.. First at 3.75 three times a day. Then I lowered the dose to one 3.75 mg in the am and one in the pm.. And then decided to lower it to one 3.75 with half am and half pm. Never knowing this was a benzo. I was assured by the prescribing doctor, this was a mild, safe med, and I would take it the rest of my life.

So.. I'm still shocked and worried about just how to get off this safety.. MY doctor is absolutely NO help, and no one in my area suggests a slow taper. Even the pharmacists suggest just stopping the am , then two weeks later the pm.

Wa La.. done. :"(  right... :"(

Any taper advice would be most welcome..

I just don't know what to do..

Its a small dose..  Right now I am taking 2.6677 mg.. in three divided doses..

Some anxiety, some depression in the morning..  Evenings I feel much better. So far.

Am worried I am messing around with this pill too much, and for too long.. I never hit tolerance that I know of. Never craved or needed more. And I don't recall having any issues when I lowered the doses years ago.

I was also on serzone then.. But it was taken off the market due to liver issues..

Now Its just this clorazapate I take.

But I have read up on what I am taking and now need some advice from someone who knows what to do.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

MY age....69 ..If age is a factor in how much your heart can handle. I am seriously worried about the cavalier attitude my doctor has about this..  Afraid she will just stop the med.. AS it was hard to get a refill this time..

Thank you so much for any help...

Hi Marie808  :smitten:,

There is a much more effective way to take smaller and smaller quantity of benzo without having to physically cut inimaginable tiny parts out of a tablet. This method is called Liquid Taper. Please have a look here. Should you have questions, please let us know.

When you are ready to go, we can try to build together a Taper Plan that suits your needs.

Wish you a smooth journey towards a full recovery.

:hug: