Clonazepam dosing?

[Fa...]

Do most people keep their dosing the same or split it up.  For instance if I dose once at night now, should I keep it the same or spread it out throughout the day?

I have read on this forum from others that some people only dose once a day and others dose the same amount two or three times a day.  I have also read that one person sipped on the liquid throughout the day while others will take a pill in the morning and the liquid at night which is a different dose altogether.  I am not an expert but I don't think it matters as long as a person is reducing the amount they need to reduce for the taper which is usually about 10 percent every two weeks. 

Personally I dose only once and I do a 10 percent taper every month because I want to do this slowly.  I figure that I have been on this for almost 15-years so to taper too quickly makes no sense.  It will take me almost a year to taper my 0.5 mg's of Clonazepam.  I am fine with that and it seems to be working.  It hasn't been perfect but I am halfway there!  Good luck with your taper... you have great support here.    :thumbsup::smitten:

I had always taken my dose just at night, so that is what I stuck with when I started titrating.  However, when I got about three-quarters done, I started having some daytime anxiety that seemed to be worse close to when I was supposed to take my dose.  I then started splitting the dose- half in the morning and half before bed.  This helped the anxiety, but I started having some sleep disturbance because I was taking half as much before bed.  However, I stuck with it and the sleep has improved.  I'm currently at .20mg (90% done!)

Beth

Thank you Raquel

Are you using water or milk with your titration?

100 ml's of water with 0.5 ml's of vodka.  100 ml's total.

I had always taken my dose just at night, so that is what I stuck with when I started titrating.  However, when I got about three-quarters done, I started having some daytime anxiety that seemed to be worse close to when I was supposed to take my dose.  I then started splitting the dose- half in the morning and half before bed.  This helped the anxiety, but I started having some sleep disturbance because I was taking half as much before bed.  However, I stuck with it and the sleep has improved.  I'm currently at .20mg (90% done!)

Beth

That is a good idea Beth. I may do two doses at the end of my taper as well. Thanks! And congrats that you are down to the end!  :thumbsup: