Went from no sleep to four hours to six last night! I'm making progress!

[Ra...]

Hello and good morning! Although I'm still tired I am thankful to have had about six hours of sleep last night. I've had a very hard week as most of you know. Severe insomnia started abruptly after reaching the halfway point in my taper and I've been miserable for a couple of weeks! I've been to the Dr. which was a waste of time and have tried several products (OTC's) with unfavourable results. I'm determined not to give up. One thing I have been doing that I believe is working is changing my attitude about the shift in sleep. Instead of fighting it, getting pissed and negative I have been trying to accept it. As I've been staying plugged into this forum with all the wonderful support I've been gaining a ton of insight that I pay close attention to. I am so thankful for the support here.

Secondly, I have paid close attention to my circadian rhythm and my daytime habits leading up to bedtime. I'm trying to get on a routine before bed. No caffeine after a certain time, I'm turning off the lights before bed, taking a bath and trying to relax and gear down at the end of the day. I also started taking my multivitamin which I wasn't taking and working on eating better. Next step is adding yoga, stretching and exercise.  Have I been tired doing all these things? Yes very tired but as I am more accepting of being tired instead of resisting it and letting it control me I feel like it is a bit easier to deal with. I am believing that these changes in my life will help with the sleep and it seems to be helping. Heck... six hours of sleep is better then one! I'll take it!! I figure I can either lay around and complain while doing nothing or make positive changes.

I did drink a glass of warm milk before bed last night and took half a Benadryl.  I don't take Benadryl  often and I won't take it tonight but it has helped in the past. I also ordered some liquid magnesium that was suggested by another member! Bottom line... I'm trying and pray for better days ahead or at least a better attitude while proceeding with this taper! I can't wait to finally have this Benzo out of my system! :smitten:

Hello and good morning! Although I'm still tired I am thankful to have had about six hours of sleep last night. I've had a very hard week as most of you know. Severe insomnia started abruptly after reaching the halfway point in my taper and I've been miserable for a couple of weeks! I've been to the Dr. which was a waste of time and have tried several products (OTC's) with unfavourable results. I'm determined not to give up. One thing I have been doing that I believe is working is changing my attitude about the shift in sleep. Instead of fighting it, getting pissed and negative I have been trying to accept it. As I've been staying plugged into this forum with all the wonderful support I've been gaining a ton of insight that I pay close attention to. I am so thankful for the support here.

Secondly, I have paid close attention to my circadian rhythm and my daytime habits leading up to bedtime. I'm trying to get on a routine before bed. No caffeine after a certain time, I'm turning off the lights before bed, taking a bath and trying to relax and gear down at the end of the day. I also started taking my multivitamin which I wasn't taking and working on eating better. Next step is adding yoga, stretching and exercise.  Have I been tired doing all these things? Yes very tired but as I am more accepting of being tired instead of resisting it and letting it control me I feel like it is a bit easier to deal with. I am believing that these changes in my life will help with the sleep and it seems to be helping. Heck... six hours of sleep is better then one! I'll take it!! I figure I can either lay around and complain while doing nothing or make positive changes.

I did drink a glass of warm milk before bed last night and took half a Benadryl.  I don't take Benadryl  often and I won't take it tonight but it has helped in the past. I also ordered some liquid magnesium that was suggested by another member! Bottom line... I'm trying and pray for better days ahead or at least a better attitude while proceeding with this taper! I can't wait to finally have this Benzo out of my system! :smitten:

Wow, it already sounds as if you are accepting things as they come.  I wish I was better at that.  You are wise and I hope u get more sleep and better days ahead  ;D

Glad you got some sleep!!  :thumbsup:

Yah... when I woke up I thought it was 3:00 am. I was shocked when I looked at the time and it was 6:00. I couldn't go back to sleep so I got up.  Still tired but kerping busy so I don't nap and screw up my circadium rhythm. 

Wow, it already sounds as if you are accepting things as they come.  I wish I was better at that.  You are wise and I hope u get more sleep and better days ahead  ;D

Thank you. I'm sure there will be changes. Good days and bad. After reading a lot of messages here today I'm thinking these drugs are truly evil when used too Long. It's so sad to read some of these posts. Makes me mad...  :'(

This is the perfect attitude. Celebrate every bit of sleep, every bit of progress, instead of obsessing about how much and the quality. It makes a huge difference in terms of how heavy all of this feels. It feels bad enough even when you do this but bringing your attention to what is right instead of all that is wrong lightens the load some.

I had that for a week about 5 or 6 weeks ago, but sadly it went away for a bit. Then.. I settled into a rhythm of nightly broken but survivable sleep. I can fall to sleep most of the time, maybe get an hour or two somewhere in there, but the rest is a constant wake/dream cycle until morning.

Thank you. I'm sure there will be changes. Good days and bad. After reading a lot of messages here today I'm thinking these drugs are truly evil when used too Long. It's so sad to read some of these posts. Makes me mad...  :'(

These drugs "Benzodiazepine and SSRI" are truly evil. But eventually when you go far enough from your last "dose" you will experience better / good sleep pattern and quality. It took me 2 years *

Glad you got some sleep!!  :thumbsup:

Yah... when I woke up I thought it was 3:00 am. I was shocked when I looked at the time and it was 6:00. I couldn't go back to sleep so I got up.  Still tired but keeping busy so I don't nap and screw up my circadium rhythm.

Thank you Nolan. I was in tolerance and wasn't sleeping before the taper anyway.  I haven't felt good for years and that is why I decided enough was enough and planned/started my own taper.  I'm trying different things and hopefully because of the small dose I have been taking and the titration method my side effects will be minimal. I'm trying different life changes as well.  I pray that it's not another two years before I feel better but if it is... oh well the clock is ticking. ..  :-\

Thank you Nolan. I was in tolerance and wasn't sleeping before the taper anyway.  I haven't felt good for years and that is why I decided enough was enough and planned/started my own taper.  I'm trying different things and hopefully because of the small dose I have been taking and the titration method my side effects will be minimal. I'm trying different life changes as well.  I pray that it's not another two years before I feel better but if it is... oh well the clock is ticking. ..  :-\

Raquel I truly hope that your side effects will be minimal. It's a very wise move of your part to tapered down (with your titration method) and to have taken action to get rid of these drugs.

Only time will tell, but eventually you will feel amazing !! Take care of you body : eat clean, do some activities I did walking at the beginning of my taper it helped secretes endorphines and well rest as much as possible. It won't be easy, but that's the best you can do while waiting to fully recover. And slowly challenge yourself in your everyday tasks.

:smitten:

Raquel I truly hope that your side effects will be minimal. It's a very wise move of your part to tapered down (with your titration method) and to have taken action to get rid of these drugs.

Only time will tell, but eventually you will feel amazing !! Take care of you body : eat clean, do some activities I did walking at the beginning of my taper it helped secretes endorphines and well rest as much as possible. It won't be easy, but that's the best you can do while waiting to fully recover. And slowly challenge yourself in your everyday tasks.

Awe... thank you Nolan for your kind words and suggestions. I have started walking and I'm careful with my Circadium Rhythm, etc.  :therethere::clap::smitten:

:sleepy: :sleepy:

[/

Awe... thank you Nolan for your kind words and suggestions. I have started walking and I'm careful with my Circadium Rhythm, etc.  :therethere::clap::smitten:

Sleep is wonderful  :sleepy: :sleepy: