CBD oil? Or another hemp product for anxiety in benzo wd?

[Th...]

Is there anything you can take for anxiety in benzo withdrawal that is safe?

I think another buddie mentioned a hemp based product. Was wondering about that. Was it CBD oil? I can't find the post anymore.

Any help appreciated!!

I have had a paradoxical reaction to marijuana before (severe panic) so I am a bit wary.

[97...]

Hemp Oil, on the other hand, is produced from the seed of the plant and only contains very low, if not any trace of the CBD compound. Hemp is used as a superfood to improve your daily health as it contains high amounts of Omega 3 & 6, Protein, Fibre and Magnesium. So you might start feeling healthier and stronger by taking Hemp Oil.

https://www.biocbdplus.com/marijuana-cbd-vs-hemp-cbd

Brother hemp naturally contains a meager amount of THC that warrants a very small legal limit. Hemp can legally only have trace amounts of THC. The highest amount of THC that [brother] hemp can have is less than one-half of one percent (0.3%). With such low amounts of THC in hemp, you can get away with saying hemp has ZERO psychoactive THC. Making this statement closer to the truth than not.

I use Hemp protein powder.  Works great for me.    :thumbsup:

https://www.myprotein.com/thezone/supplements/hemp-protein-benefits-usage/

https://draxe.com/hemp-protein-powder/

:smitten:

Take it carefully. If I took too much, I lost my memory and got a backlash. Sometimes, the nervous system may be too sensitive to this. :)

Take it carefully. If I took too much, I lost my memory and got a backlash. Sometimes, the nervous system may be too sensitive to this. :)

Honestly I am so wary of taking anything at this point after reacting so badly to anti-depressants! Thought I was dying!

I was thinking of trying the CBD oil. Someone in my office recommended it and swore it helped him lose 80 lbs and got his A1C from 9 to 6.

I'm afraid to take anything these days, because of the side effects, God knows I am having enough problems with W/D SX !!!!

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I've used CBD oil before, in 15mg and 25mg capsules. Not for withdrawal symptoms yet but for general anxiety. It helped significantly but it was very seating and I could hardly stay awake after taking it. It's a great sleep aid though!

Like you I cannot tolerate THC, which is the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana. CBD is different. When manufactured for pharmaceutical use it comes in various forms and is guaranteed to have a specific amount of CBD. Stay away from any OTC products that say they have hemp oil or whatever - you have no idea how much is in there. In order to obtain prescription CBD depending on where you live, you need to get a marijuana prescription and then talk to a doctor who specializes in these drugs to find out just how much CBD you should use, if at all. A lot of people say not to use it, others swear by it, and others have no reaction. CBD is NOT a psychoactive compound - so it will not give you the nasty cognitive effects of THC. At present I would personally never touch THC again myself because of the horrid side effects I have. However, I have used CBD oil (mixed in juice) for pain and to sometimes help with anxiety. For me it has marginal results, others swear by it. Every body reacts differently. However, the good news for me is that I don't get a single cognitive side effect from using it, so no weird stuff. THC not only worsens my anxiety, but it splits time into past, present, and future simultaneously and splits me into different mental viewpoints within each time zone. Yes - bad stuff. While some may think this is cool, it is NOT - it is terrifying and I'll never touch it again.

Right now the research for using CBD for anxiety is still in the infancy stage and mostly animal studies. Any 'evidence' regarding efficacy is anecdotal at this point. I tried it because I have nothing else to lose and it does help me a bit for acute severe anxiety days. It doesn't eliminate anxiety, but it makes it a little duller. If this is something that interests you, you'll need to talk to a doctor. Please stay away from over the counter products or internet sellers that claim you don't need a permit. Their products are not controlled, and there's no telling what you're getting.

• 1 month later...

Like you I cannot tolerate THC, which is the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana. CBD is different. When manufactured for pharmaceutical use it comes in various forms and is guaranteed to have a specific amount of CBD. Stay away from any OTC products that say they have hemp oil or whatever - you have no idea how much is in there. In order to obtain prescription CBD depending on where you live, you need to get a marijuana prescription and then talk to a doctor who specializes in these drugs to find out just how much CBD you should use, if at all. A lot of people say not to use it, others swear by it, and others have no reaction. CBD is NOT a psychoactive compound - so it will not give you the nasty cognitive effects of THC. At present I would personally never touch THC again myself because of the horrid side effects I have. However, I have used CBD oil (mixed in juice) for pain and to sometimes help with anxiety. For me it has marginal results, others swear by it. Every body reacts differently. However, the good news for me is that I don't get a single cognitive side effect from using it, so no weird stuff. THC not only worsens my anxiety, but it splits time into past, present, and future simultaneously and splits me into different mental viewpoints within each time zone. Yes - bad stuff. While some may think this is cool, it is NOT - it is terrifying and I'll never touch it again.

Right now the research for using CBD for anxiety is still in the infancy stage and mostly animal studies. Any 'evidence' regarding efficacy is anecdotal at this point. I tried it because I have nothing else to lose and it does help me a bit for acute severe anxiety days. It doesn't eliminate anxiety, but it makes it a little duller. If this is something that interests you, you'll need to talk to a doctor. Please stay away from over the counter products or internet sellers that claim you don't need a permit. Their products are not controlled, and there's no telling what you're getting.

Some good advice, thank you! We will soon have legalization here in Canada. I am still a bit afraid to use it though!

• 3 weeks later...

Some good advice, thank you! We will soon have legalization here in Canada. I am still a bit afraid to use it though!

I have used CBD oil both prior to WD (for major anxiety issues) and during. It helps massively. More so than anything else I've come across.

If anyone has tried it in capsule form and it hasn't worked it is because bioavailability when taken orally is only around 15%.

When it is vaped that increases to around 85%.

Like someone mentioned it can make you sleepy if you take too much but if you are vaping it is very easy to control your dosage and increase gradually.

Don't be afraid to try it, I know lots of other people with anxiety besides myself that use it and I've never heard of anyone having a bad reaction to it and my anxiety during WD has been severe and it has been the one thing that has been really effective. To the point I've been able to continue working

I would recommend it to anyone, it's amazing

• 6 months later...
I know I posted on this a while ago...I am finally getting up the nerve to get a prescription for CBD oil. I am having a difficult time calming down in many situations. Just wondering if anyone else has had good success to relieve anxiety? Many thanks!

Is there anything you can take for anxiety in benzo withdrawal that is safe?

I think another buddie mentioned a hemp based product. Was wondering about that. Was it CBD oil? I can't find the post anymore.

Any help appreciated!!

I have had a paradoxical reaction to marijuana before (severe panic) so I am a bit wary.

I tried it and for some reason it made me so tired and groggy for two full days. I didn't want to move. I will not be using it again.

[1d...]
I had a good experience with it, but decided not to take it anymore as I'm also on a beta-blocker and mixing these two is not advisable. You can try it out but I guess it's costly, at least for many people, and the tolerance can quickly develop.

Thank you. Just to specify, I am thinking of taking the medical marijuana form through a prescription and not the hemp based stuff. i may start with a small amount and work my way up (using a dropper).

Thank you. Just to specify, I am thinking of taking the medical marijuana form through a prescription and not the hemp based stuff. i may start with a small amount and work my way up (using a dropper).

I am smoking some Indica strain. It felt weird as I was always used the the THC but the Indica strain puts me INDa-Couch. LOL Took a few times to get used to just feeling "stoned and zoned" and not "High and hyper".

I might smoke it once a week because (for me) it makes me groggy for a couple days after.

I’m tapering klonopin from 8mg that I took for 23 years! I’m tapering down .25mg per 30 days. I have been using cbd oil and heavy 100% indica. I also use a concentrate called shatter. It’s super strong(80-90%) thc and cbd. I’m able to chill out and I can eat and sleep! Helps with side effects in my personal opinion. This isn’t for everybody. I would stay far away from anything that has sativa in it. It will cause anxiety. I have also taken gabapentin for anxiety and Seroquel for sleep. I’m bi-polar 1 so I have to take it. I have found those drugs to help in my case. Also taking melatonin and I thiamine for sleep. Also essential oils help. Exercise has also helped. Most of the time I don’t feel like  exercise but force myself to. Meditation also works. Especially with the cannabis. I would at least give it a try. It can’t hurt.

I’m tapering klonopin from 8mg that I took for 23 years! I’m tapering down .25mg per 30 days. I have been using cbd oil and heavy 100% indica. I also use a concentrate called shatter. It’s super strong(80-90%) thc and cbd. I’m able to chill out and I can eat and sleep! Helps with side effects in my personal opinion. This isn’t for everybody. I would stay far away from anything that has sativa in it. It will cause anxiety. I have also taken gabapentin for anxiety and Seroquel for sleep. I’m bi-polar 1 so I have to take it. I have found those drugs to help in my case. Also taking melatonin and I thiamine for sleep. Also essential oils help. Exercise has also helped. Most of the time I don’t feel like  exercise but force myself to. Meditation also works. Especially with the cannabis. I would at least give it a try. It can’t hurt.

[/quote

:thumbsup: