Anyone tried a Memantine?

[Aj...]

Has anyone tried Memantine to counteract withdrawal symptoms?

A friend of a friend who has severe ME and had to go back on Benzos due to severe withdrawal now takes it and finds it very helpful

Ajusta: A very close friend has received this medication, so I feel about it. To be effective, you must have the correct diagnosis, and have been investigated for Alzheimer's and dementia. And you don`t have these? Common side effects include: dizziness, balance disorders, shortness of breath and drug hypersensitivity. The last symptom, completely opposes this medication, because we are currently sensitive to drugs. Like uncommon side effects: confusion, hallucinations, vomiting, palpitations, heart failure and blood clots.

I know, you would like to take other medicines in pure desperation. Sometimes, we don`t even tolerate vitamins. A medicine, that affects the nerves of the brain, can`t be the best option. The very sensitive nervous system must get rest, and get rid of Benzo. As you have read so many times: Recovery doesn`t start until you end with Benzo. Following a very good escalation schedule seems to be the only option, because you're still feeling bad. Right now, there is a great risk of backlash with other medicines. If you have the diagnoses, required for this medication, then it is of course a matter. But if you don`t, it can only cause damage. Good Luck!

I use a low dosage of memantine daily Ajusta. I have for these past few years. I took a two month break recently. My target dosage has always been 2.5mg daily. It helps. You don't need to be diagnosed with dementia to take this. It is a popular nootropic and people use it to reduce tolerance to opiates, amphetamines and other drugs. Very helpful and easy to taper off of. No withdrawal from it. It isn't a magic bullet or anything but I never got tinnitus the entire time tapering off of benzos and I always wondered if it was because of the memantine.

Ta!

Do you think it could help with muscle and sensory symptoms?

Sometimes I really doubt these are withdrawal bevause I don’t get so many of the symptoms most people seem to get like severe anxiety (other than that related to my body being completely out of control) or tinnitus unless the whooshing/water sensation in my brain counts...

When you say target dosage do you mean 2.5mg of the Memantine?