Need a quality scale-looking for reccomendations, Gemini is a poor scale.

[ba...]

The Gemini is terrible. I bought 2, and they are so inconsistent, do not hold their balance, and are not workable. Looking for a higher end scale with precision measuring, better balance, and top quality. I don't even know how to search. looked on Amazon, but no idea what products will be  effective and are of quality.

[7f...]

Sorry that yours aren't working well for you.  I have one that seems to work pretty well.  Make sure you're using your scale on a solid surface and that it's away from all air drafts (windows, fans, vents, your breath).  Don't lean on the table when you use the balance.  Real labs often put their balances in draft-free rooms on heavy marble tables to ensure stability.

If you still want to upgrade your scale, you can do it for a few hundred $$.  We bought something like this for the testing lab, and it's worked OK for us.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Milligram-Lab-Balance-Precision-Scale-Tree-HRB-103-Draft-Shield-100g-x-0-001g/152989758292?

Good luck!

• 6 months later...

Sorry that yours aren't working well for you.  I have one that seems to work pretty well.  Make sure you're using your scale on a solid surface and that it's away from all air drafts (windows, fans, vents, your breath).  Don't lean on the table when you use the balance.  Real labs often put their balances in draft-free rooms on heavy marble tables to ensure stability.

If you still want to upgrade your scale, you can do it for a few hundred $$.  We bought something like this for the testing lab, and it's worked OK for us.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Milligram-Lab-Balance-Precision-Scale-Tree-HRB-103-Draft-Shield-100g-x-0-001g/152989758292?

Good luck!

Gemini has been very inconsistent for me as well, I keep having to calibrate it. Would you say that scale in the link is much btter than the Gemini? thinking about investing in a nice scale. thanks

Thanks all. For now, I will just fight through on the Gemini. I have 2 of them, so verge out the weights they give me. s i get lower in dose, I will prob get a better scale, and pursue the recommendations here.