What are you currently reading?

[cl...]

Or what are your favorite books? I've just gotten into the Southern Reach Trilogy, I'm also currently reading The Möbius Strip Club of Grief. Reading has been a big aide to my withdrawal experience.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [Aj...]

• [Da...]

• [be...]

I'll just give you the first part:

"It's Ever Worse Than You Think." Great and insightful book.

• 2 weeks later...
The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty.  Fiction book- pretty light reading, which is what I need right now.

I'm reading four different books right now. I pick them up and put them down depending on mood

Out of Africa - Isak Dinesen

Dept of Speculation - Jenny Offill

Let the Northern Lights Erase Your Name - Vendela Vida

Let Me Tell You - Shirley Jackson

I read the Southern reach trilogy but there is no way I could do that now after going through all the ‘deathy’ stuff during tapering and withdrawal

The first one is especially existentially creepy and ‘deathy’.

Have you seen the film of of it? Wasn’t sure I like the film but wasn’t well enough to concentrate on it anyway.

I’m still reading ‘Phone’ the third part of Will Self’s modernist trilogy atm.

Listening to the audiobook of A Change of Climate by Hilary Mantel - it’s a bit boring but distracts me during the night as I fall asleep.

SheWhoMust - that looks like a good list. I will check those out for my next Audible purchases.

• 1 month later...
I just finished, "We Are Legion (We Are Bob)" by Dennis Taylor and if you like Sci-Fi, this one is really light and funny.  I listened to it on audible and I really enjoyed the performance.

I like crazy psychological thrillers and stories about betrayal and murder kind of like Gone Girl or the family next door, I am currently reading House Swap it is SO GOOD!! If you have any recommendations about other books in this same genre let me know

• 2 weeks later...

"Diet Cure" by Julia Ross. I greatly recommend. Awesome guide to healthy foods, necessary vitamins and diet supplements. Makes more sense to have a paperback copy, as there are many questionnaires and interesting charts.

I'm reading Dirk Gently Holistic Detective Agency, by Douglas Adams and Watchers by Dean Koontz, as far as fiction. Non-fiction I'm reading Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff & Amy Matthews which is an excellent guide for beginner to intermediate yoga practice. Also, starting on Zealot by Reza Aslan, rearly interesting but I've had to basically take a history course to understand completely. 😂

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...