Author Topic: What are you currently reading?  (Read 2767 times)

[Buddie]

What are you currently reading?
« on: May 01, 2018, 11:40:59 pm »
Or what are your favorite books? I've just gotten into the Southern Reach Trilogy, I'm also currently reading The Möbius Strip Club of Grief. Reading has been a big aide to my withdrawal experience.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: What are you currently reading?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 11:50:02 pm »
I'm reading book 10'in The Saxon Tales series ( also has 2 really good seasons on Netflix)
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 12:23:41 am »
I'll just give you the first part:

"It's Ever Worse Than You Think." Great and insightful book.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 12:56:19 am »
Intelligence Reframed

(The other shall remain for me to know.)

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 01:03:57 am »
 ;) ;)

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 10:01:07 pm »
Cold Days, part of The Dresden Files series by [...] Butcher. I'm really enjoying it!

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 10:46:44 pm »
Silent shock

Documentary book on the Thalidomide babies

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 10:50:22 pm »
The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty.  Fiction book- pretty light reading, which is what I need right now.

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2018, 10:51:43 pm »
I'm reading four different books right now. I pick them up and put them down depending on mood

Out of Africa - Isak Dinesen

Dept of Speculation - Jenny Offill

Let the Northern Lights Erase Your Name - Vendela Vida

Let Me Tell You - Shirley Jackson

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2018, 02:26:17 pm »
I read the Southern reach trilogy but there is no way I could do that now after going through all the ‘deathy’ stuff during tapering and withdrawal

The first one is especially existentially creepy and ‘deathy’.

Have you seen the film of of it? Wasn’t sure I like the film but wasn’t well enough to concentrate on it anyway.

I’m still reading ‘Phone’ the third part of Will Self’s modernist trilogy atm.

Listening to the audiobook of A Change of Climate by Hilary Mantel - it’s a bit boring but distracts me during the [...] as I fall asleep.

[...] - that looks like a good list. I will check those out for my next Audible purchases.