Taper schedule.....

[Ja...]

Hello,

I'm really having a tough time trying to dry cut my pills and would like to switch to liquid titration. I'm taking  0.50 mg k about 5 days of the week and a little over (like approx 0.55mg) 2 days a week to average about 0.53-0.55mg wk. I take the occasional larger doses because I have to sleep at least a few hours a night to work my fulltime job and be functional. Anyways, I'm hoping that by switching to titration I'll have a smoother path toward benzo freedom.  Here is my information:

1) Start date= 5/24/10

2)Dose= 0.50mg Klonopin

3)1 0.50 mg tab

4)Taper rate= 1% per day per day

5)I will use a 100ml cylinder with 1 ml increments.

Thanks,

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

Your taper needs are really straight forward, and you do not need a formal titration schedule.

All you need to do is crush and mix your 0.5mg pill in 100ml's of liquid every day. Then, each day, remove an additional 1ml. 

So,

Day one....Make your 0.5mg/100ml liquid mixture and remove 1ml. Immediately drink the remaining.

Day two....Make your mixture and remove 2ml's. Drink the remaining.

Day three....Remove 3 ml's.

and so on! You will be off in 100 days.

Let us know if that makes sense. 

Does 100 days sound really conservative or is it about normal rate of taper for my dosage? My cog fog makes it especially difficult to work with math/numbers and such. I watched the youtube video that Collin had posted about titration and the guy said if he could do it over he would speed up the first third of the taper and then slow it down towards the end. I know that it's impossible to predict my response to wd but I guess I'm just in a hurry to get off this drug as "safely" as possible. Would it be 'sensible' to try 2ml cuts to start then switch to 1ml towards the middle and then 1/2 ml cuts to finish? I can always slow it down when i get to lower dosage or run into symptoms. Thanks

Yes, this taper is a little conservative for some. You could certainly try and increase your cuts. Just play with it and see how you feel.

I tapered off 1.25mg klonopin in 120 days(dry cutting). At the time, most people here told me it was a little fast, but I did fine. Since then, I've seen many members come off at about that speed with relatively few problems.

Hello,

I started titration today and had a few questions about how I'm doing it  :idiot: 

Is it ok to mix a little water in the mortar and ped after I've grounded the dose? This makes it easier for me to pour the dose into the cylinder.

When taking out the "throw away" dose Is it ok to just pour it out. I'll need a new syringe if it's not ok to pour out.

I have a long skewer for stirring the mix in the cylinder. Is it okay to this or do I need to put it into blender?

Thanks

you are not using a syringe to draw out the cuts ? how do you measure them ?

yes it's ok to pour the water into the mortar I do it, I put some water in the bottom of the blender

before pouring my drug water in there.

I draw out my cut and pour it back into another 100ml and eyeball the reading to make

sure I am taking out my exact cut then I dump it.

Jamie, I see you are using a mortar and ped to crush the pill.  I did this

I measured out 100 ml of water and then poured about 50 ml of the water into a cup.

I then crushed the pill and added  a little of the remaining 50 ml. of water in grad cylinder to    the mortar, stirred and added this to the cup.  I used the remaining water in grad cylinder to do a final rinse in the mortar and added this to the cup.

I now had all the drug and 100ml of liquid  in the cup which I found easier to do a final mix in.

I then used the syringe to remove  small amounts of the mix during the early parts of my taper,  and as I got down lower ( more throw away's) I would pour the mixture in the cup , after mixing well , back into grad cylinder to measure my throw away amount. 

Worked well for me all the way down

st

I am using a similar method to ST.....the only difference is...I use milk instead of water...and a pill crusher rather than the mortar pestle...and this method has worked well for me so far too...

TC

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to see If i can find a better syringe because the one I have wil not fit in the cylinder.

Hi JamieT

I tried a syringe and found it easier to just pour off the reduction directly from the cylinder. If I pour to much I just add a little to get the exact amount.

Works well for me!

Teakettle