Ready Benzobuddies, plz chime in...

[Ju...]

Dry cutting isn't working for my anymore.  I am going to start the titration method.  I'm on clonazepam 1.25 mg twice a day.  I have 0.5 mg tabs and would like to decrease my daily dose by 5% every 14 days.  I have lots of tabs, no need to conserve.  I have a 100 ml beaker and a 10 ml syringe.  I've read somewhere that there is a spreadsheet that I can use?  To help me figure out how much to pull and dispose each time I choose to drop.  Also, there's a "help" page that I can't find. 

Thanks, Jeanne

[0a...]
fwiw - liquid titration isn't all that different from dry cutting.  It's just a slightly different way of tapering.  So when you say dry cutting isn't working anymore, I'm wondering what you mean by that.  Have you been doing 5% cuts by dry cutting or were you doing larger cuts?

Dry cutting isn't working for my anymore.  I am going to start the titration method.  I'm on clonazepam 1.25 mg twice a day.  I have 0.5 mg tabs and would like to decrease my daily dose by 5% every 14 days.  I have lots of tabs, no need to conserve.  I have a 100 ml beaker and a 10 ml syringe.  I've read somewhere that there is a spreadsheet that I can use?  To help me figure out how much to pull and dispose each time I choose to drop.  Also, there's a "help" page that I can't find. 

Thanks, Jeanne

Hi Jumpey-

Here is a program where you can Create Your Own Taper Plan by Jim Hawk. One of our buddies has developed this great DIY program along with this You-Tube step-by-step  Tutorial Video showing in explicit detail how to properly use his application.  :thumbsup:

Check this out & let us know if you need any assistance  :thumbsup:

Hi Bella Amis,

Thanks for the Benzodiazepine Liquid Taper Plan Daily Plan video, it is very helpful. I will be using a total of 6 (5 mg) diazepam tablets in the taper. This is a total of 30mg. of diazepam.  I was planning on using whole milk as the solvent to dissolve the tablets. It is recommended that since my benzo to taper is 10 times more powerful, it is recommended to have a concentration of 0.01 mg/ml that is 10 times more diluted. I would need 300 ml of liquid for this solution. How much whole milk would I need to dissolve the 6 tablets? Could I just use water for the rest of the 300 ml solution? Would I need to use 300 ml of whole milk instead, and not use any water?

Also, I have been taking the 30 mg of diazepam in pill form for about a month -  2 (5 mg) tablets 3 times a day. Would switching over to a liquid from pills feel like a 5% to 10% reduction in dose? A couple of Benzo Buddies have said this. If this is true, then should I updose a little when I make my first taper solution?

Sorry, my last question is, if I'm going out for the day and won't be able to refrigerate the solution, could I use 1 ml of vodka (90 proof) per 5 mg tablet to dissolve the tablets? I would then use 6 ml of vodka for this since I'm using 6 tablets. Could I just fill up the cylinder with water up to the 300 ml mark? Would this be an effective solution, or would I need to use 60 ml of vodka (2 ml of vodka for 1 mg benzo tablet). That's a lot of vodka for 1 day's dosing of diazepam. I know that you're busy and I have a lot of questions, but I'm trying to be cautious before I jump in and start using this titration taper. I really appreciate your help. Thanks a lot.

:smitten:

Hi Bella Amis,

Thanks for the Benzodiazepine Liquid Taper Plan Daily Plan video, it is very helpful. I will be using a total of 6 (5 mg) diazepam tablets in the taper. This is a total of 30mg. of diazepam.  I was planning on using whole milk as the solvent to dissolve the tablets. It is recommended that since my benzo to taper is 10 times more powerful, it is recommended to have a concentration of 0.01 mg/ml that is 10 times more diluted. I would need 300 ml of liquid for this solution. How much whole milk would I need to dissolve the 6 tablets? Could I just use water for the rest of the 300 ml solution? Would I need to use 300 ml of whole milk instead, and not use any water?

Also, I have been taking the 30 mg of diazepam in pill form for about a month -  2 (5 mg) tablets 3 times a day. Would switching over to a liquid from pills feel like a 5% to 10% reduction in dose? A couple of Benzo Buddies have said this. If this is true, then should I updose a little when I make my first taper solution?

Sorry, my last question is, if I'm going out for the day and won't be able to refrigerate the solution, could I use 1 ml of vodka (90 proof) per 5 mg tablet to dissolve the tablets? I would then use 6 ml of vodka for this since I'm using 6 tablets. Could I just fill up the cylinder with water up to the 300 ml mark? Would this be an effective solution, or would I need to use 60 ml of vodka (2 ml of vodka for 1 mg benzo tablet). That's a lot of vodka for 1 day's dosing of diazepam. I know that you're busy and I have a lot of questions, but I'm trying to be cautious before I jump in and start using this titration taper. I really appreciate your help. Thanks a lot.

:smitten:

Hi Bluecar-

No worries with the questions. Being cautious is a good thing. You asking questions prior to beginning your titration should help lessen any participatory anxiety you may have. You can then begin your taper with confidence, knowing you have a solid plan to start out with  :thumbsup:

Have you considered using a combo using both liquid & tablets instead of all liquid? Doing a combination like this may be beneficial in a couple of ways. 1) Will eliminate concerns about updosing due to any possible variance from switching from tablets to liquid. 2) Eliminate any travel/refrigeration concerns by using vodka & water @ a concentration of 1ml =1mg where your dose will fit in a small vial in your pocket verses 300ml of milk that needs refrigeration.

This is how I would titration taper from 30mg of Valium...take a look at this sample plan:

Click on image

width=150 height=300https://i.imgur.com/duqxcL4.png][/img]

Thanks Bella Amis! That's a great idea! I would want to reduce at 5% instead. I really appreciate your help.  :smitten:

Thanks Bella Amis! That's a great idea! I would want to reduce at 5% instead. I really appreciate your help.  :smitten:

Hi Bluecar-

Here is a 5% sample plan:

XBLF5sg.png