how can you tell if taper is successful after jump off?

[je...]

Hello everyone,

If all goes well, I'll come off clonazepam in 2 days after a rapid taper, roughly 2-3 months sporadic use of .25 (a few days .5) clonazepam consumed over 40 .5 pills. How will I know if it's a "successful" taper?

Thanks.

[de...]
I think that success means that you don't relapse/reinstate, and that you eventually feel 'normal' after you are benzo-free for a while.

I am not sure but I would agree if you are able the continue life without Benzos that is a successful taper. Also I would like to not feel totally awful. I haven’t jumped this time and last time I quit I reinstated so idk how helpful I can be :)

I am not sure but I would agree if you are able the continue life without Benzos that is a successful taper. Also I would like to not feel totally awful. I haven’t jumped this time and last time I quit I reinstated so idk how helpful I can be :)

How much k were you on before and for how long, if I may ask?

jeanne

• 2 weeks later...

I think that success means that you don't relapse/reinstate, and that you eventually feel 'normal' after you are benzo-free for a while.

how long is "for a while", I wonder?

how long is "for a while", I wonder?

It variables between ppl. Some heals very fast without any major symptoms and for someone it takes long. We can not know beforehand but need to tust to the process.

Thomas66,

Thanks.

Did you take anything or do anything to help you sleep better?

Before I jumped I took elavil and after I jumped I took melatoning but nowadays I do not take anything because drugs seems to prevent natural sleep return and I want to get my natural sleep improved as soos as possible.  At this point I can not recomend elavil but magnesium seem to be fine.

I even went o sleep study and got some instructions from my sleep doc and they have helped. My sleep study results can be found in the insomnia section. I also attached link. At that time I still slept quite long but at the time I jumped my sleep amount went sown to 2-4 hrs broken sleep.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=186789.0

T.

Thomas 66,

Did you ever experience head pressure? head aches? burning?

Merci/thanks!

No head pressure but head asches I have and in addition to this I have internal vibration in my head always when I wake up. Nowadays it is quite mild but when I jumped it was like someone hammering insidy my head so it was very scary. Now I have calmed down as it seems to go away over the time. I also have burning and it is mainly in my fingertips but not in head. I have some burning all over earlier but I haven't experoenced it for several months.

I am concerned because I did a rapid taper per doctor's advice. Actually he told me to do it in 2 weeks! Cutting 50% from .25 K each week. He expected me to jump off at .125! Can you imagine? After 2 weeks, my body was still craving so I cut down lower and then lower still for the 4th week. Then I wanted my jump off to be the 1st of May (feast of St. Joseph the worker) so I just quit. The first week wasn't too bad but this week I've been hit with 3-hour head aches, pressure, crackles zaps, sometimes 2-3x a day! And this evening I'm back to the "craving" feeling I had when I lowered the dose during taper. Sigh! I wish I had figured out how to do liquid titration to begin with. They seem to have less symptoms, the people who do them.

How much k were you on before and for how long, if I may ask?

jeanne

Sorry I’m just now seeing this. For the past 2 months I’ve been on .125 to .25 about 5 days per week. Before that I was off for three months, and before that I was on .25 to .5 mg as needed (a couple times per week)

How are you doing Jeanne?

Icoi,

I am rather functional, depressed, and having awful head aches, muscle tightness, insomnia, etc. Don't know how I can bear this indefinitely.

Trying to take courage from all the buddies and of course holding on to the Lord.

How are you? Have you jumped off?

I'm praying for you.

Hi there,

I am still on my benzo,  tapering xanax.  I have researched this a lot and most people say after they jump is when the withdrawal does get intense, I have heard 6 -  9 weeks of healing.  I am however, not sure as I haven't made it that far yet.  Good luck, great job and CONGRATULATIONS!