lost, unsure, panic comes and goes due to over thinking...

[be...]

• 2 weeks later...
[e0...]

Struggling with this problem Anyone who overcome this ?

Overthinking can lead to the panic and feeling lost I found and till the receptors/neurotransmitters balance themselves again

its hard to reign in the overthinking habits.

:smitten:

no replies, so messaged removed.

I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner.

It's 4:45am and I've been up since 4. Went to bed at midnight.

There's no laying back down because of the overthinking. It's unrelenting.

• 3 weeks later...

Overthinking is the story of my life, especially while coming off Valium. I've really struggled with the withdrawal symptoms this week in particular.

A friend had similar issues with GAD and overthinking. She had some CBT which she found very helpful.

Same.  Overthinking seems to flare up pretty bad for me when I’m more symptomatic, especially mental symptoms.  Like today.  Although I tend to overthink anyway.  I’m finding it hard to calm.

I've always been a thinker, but I never felt like I didn't have control of my thoughts and thinking, until withdrawal. I don't know if anyone else is going through quite what I am, but I notice that my mind is constantly overthinking, ruminating, obsessing, looping. I can't seem to steer my thoughts or decide that I'm just not going to worry about things anymore. It's out of control a lot of the time. It's kind of terrifying not being in control of your own brain.

This is where guided meditations have helped greatly, for me.  Maybe you could try to do some from YouTube.  Sometimes they even put me to sleep for a little nap in the afternoon, which has been unheard of for years!