Daily meditation or other practice accountability support

[ih...]

I am using the Calm ap but despite its gentle daily prompts, I am still finding it hard to get a daily meditation going again.

Would anyone like to join me with a daily report in with a view to encouraging one another & increasing our commitment.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hello iHope:

I love your name. I am sorry you are going through some very hard times. I can't believe nobody has answered your post earlier. I am going through some challenging times myself, and I am trying to make a committment to meditate and do Qi Qong, yoga, and Tai Chi to deal with my anxiety, fears, and worries. I am willing to be part of this thread and help each other get through this. Having a sense of community and connections is crucial for recovery. Hope to hear from you!

• 2 months later...
I wouqld like to be part of this group. My anxiety is so bad. It starts in my throat and chest. My hands shake. My head and neck hurts. I cry almost everyday. Any help.

• 2 months later...

Sorry I have abandoned my own thread. I have had some debilitating bedridden waves in the last few months and when I am functional, I don’t seem to make time for a regular practice & justify it on the grounds that I have so much else to catch up on.

I also tend to rely on exercise as my prime form of stress relief but  suspect that I am overdoing it and this is contributing to the severity of my waves.

I have started ACT therapy which teaches that it’s impossible to fail at mindfulness and meditation but I still have a psychological block somehow. I do believe that I need to calm my CNS to heal as my major symptoms suggest that I have an excess of pro-inflammatory cytokines along with glutamate imbalance causing my CFS symptoms.

I don’t seem to even manage to daily record symptoms in my ME/CFS App but I am going to have another go at noting any progress with my mind exercises here.

Thanks to the 3 of you for posting and I would welcome any further contributions if you are still around and in need of support

:smitten: :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I have abandoned my own thread. I have had some debilitating bedridden waves in the last few months and when I am functional, I don’t seem to make time for a regular practice & justify it on the grounds that I have so much else to catch up on.

I also tend to rely on exercise as my prime form of stress relief but  suspect that I am overdoing it and this is contributing to the severity of my waves.

I have started ACT therapy which teaches that it’s impossible to fail at mindfulness and meditation but I still have a psychological block somehow. I do believe that I need to calm my CNS to heal as my major symptoms suggest that I have an excess of pro-inflammatory cytokines along with glutamate imbalance causing my CFS symptoms.

I don’t seem to even manage to daily record symptoms in my ME/CFS App but I am going to have another go at noting any progress with my mind exercises here.

Thanks to the 3 of you for posting and I would welcome any further contributions if you are still around and in need of support

:smitten: :smitten:

Ihope:

I too always turn first to "real" exercise to deal with stress.

I try to do a Jason Stephenson youtube meditation before bed each night. This week, after some of my workouts (I normally work out about 7 or 7:30 p.m. for about 30 to 45 minutes), I did yoga with adriene on youtube. It really helps me calm down from the adrenaline of the workouts.

I do think it is really important to do this work to help rewire our brains and promote calm. But I agree it is hard to do when CNS is on fire, plus I find it difficult to find all the time I need for self care with a full time job and family.

Hope you are feeling a bit better.