Low self esteem? :(

[cl...]

Ever since I've been experiencing withdrawal my self esteem is shot, I've never been this insecure in my life. Is this a common symptom?

Ever since I've been experiencing withdrawal my self esteem is shot, I've never been this insecure in my life. Is this a common symptom?

Maybe not for everyone but most of us.  It will pass, it just will take some time.  It's hard to have a lot of self esteem when u feel so bad :(

My self esteem always could use some improvement but during withdrawal its sometimes non-existant to the point were I am constantly aplogizing, seeking approvement, begging for people to not leave me now crying, avoiding people.

When I have a window its like im back to normal.

So yes IMO its def a wd symptom

[fe...]

My self esteem always could use some improvement but during withdrawal its sometimes non-existant to the point were I am constantly aplogizing, seeking approvement, begging for people to not leave me now crying, avoiding people.

Same here and in fact low self esteem was possibly what caused me to spiral down and need the benzos in the first place  :tickedoff:

Now to attempt to treat that maybe as I heal withdrawal symptoms

Must  believe in myself so much more  now  as in the  windows which  show me is now beneficial.  :thumbsup:

:smitten:

I feel very unsure of myself, I’m anxious as hell around people, cognitively I feel like I have dementia whereas before I was bright and chatty. All this contributes to a very low self esteem. When I’m getting really down I remind myself it’s temporary and I will heal and be me again one day.

Be yourself, insecure or not, and don't yield to others in this process.  I've learned a painful lesson last week.  Be yourself, you will be better for it.

I have had very bad self-confidence if, for example, I am going to pay bills in a new way. I think I can`t handle it, and I almost panic. But it is probably the classic withdrawal- stress, that causes me to lose self-esteem. I also have a lot of difficulty with instructions for technical issues. Then I will give up immediately. I'm fine if I have a good time, but otherwise the stress will come.

Agree with many who posted here--low self esteem was partly to blame for me going on benzos in the first place.  I've always been a high achiever, but would burn myself out trying to make everyone happy.  That turned to anxiety and panic attacks, and then benzos.  I found CBT really helpful, particularly mindfulness-based therapy.  It really forces you to evaluate the evidence for your low self esteem and reframe your thinking.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah and I have people now constantly telling me how pretty I am but I don't feel it anymore because my mind is so shot. Not sleeping really effects how you feel.